Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Todays forum ride on Exmoor(pics)
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Another great day out with some riders off here . It was cold and muddy but good fun,with a few new faces too. The route got adjusted to suit the conditions but we made sure a cream tea stop was made and a seafront finish with fish'n'chips. I spent most of my time at the back keeping a certain lady company. I should have taken some earplugs to block out all her swearing ! Only joking Ali. Thanks to Oldfart for sorting the ride and all those who turned up fo the great company. Comments ?

Click the above pic for more pics.

dropoff

Some cracking pics there Knottie. Was a great day out, good group and very lucky with the weather.

judderman
    Free Member

Thanks for the ride guys/girls you were all great company! Did'nt get much chance to mingle, good to meet some new faces & ride with some freinds I hav'nt seen for a while. C-G, Aleigh & Anna it was a pleasure, Lyons ur a top bloke, Pedalhead good to meet you, Dibbs unlucky mate, Knottie great pics, Thud & Pikey great riding partners & OF nice cake 😉

yunki
    Free Member

definitely looks a bit more eggciting than the consolation ride I ended up on..
    Hopefully I will be better organised for the next SW STW one..

saladdodger
    Free Member

Oh dear Ali did not suffer pottymouth again did she 😯

Shame I could not play to but our saturday job interfered, still all was not lost because I spent the day with mrs saladdodger and it was a bit of quality time together 😀

Dibbs what happened then yer poor old sod that is the second mech you have er mangled hope it was not too much of a hike

oldfart

I feel really lucky and grateful that so many turned up in less than ideal conditions .Thanks one and all .Mr K see you got lucky with a rare pic of me eating !Dibbs bad luck hope you got back ok .

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just had a bath and a pint of guinness, feeling slightly more normal again. Still bloody hungry though 😳

Great ride, as always it's just as much about the people as the place, so thanks to everyone 😀

Anna-B
    Free Member

Oldfart thanks for organising a great day out! I found it a good challenge, what with the hills/mud/rocks, but really enjoyed it and feel a sense of achievement.

Lovely to see old friends and chat to new folk. Thanks for the good company everyone.

oldfart

Rich you sure you aint got a tape worm ! 😯
    Ab 'twas nothing .

pedalhead
    Free Member

Great meet you all today, most for the first time. I really enjoyed the ride despite the interesting conditions in places! I'll post my pics tomorrow…knackered now and off to bed!

judderman
    Free Member

GPS here – nearly forgot C-G

allthepies
    Free Member

I will be there in June when of course it will be bone dry! And I can't believe you went to the inferior Horner tea garden, sack your guide!

knottie8
    Free Member

first of the year for me !

saladdodger
    Free Member

you put yer scones together in a somerset way 🙄

the devon way is cream over jam 😉

tut tut education is wasted on some

Dibbs
    Free Member

Don't talk rot Andy, them's proper Demn style scones, I may live in Somerset, but I'm Devonshire born and bred and very proud of it 😀

saladdodger
    Free Member

yer but I like the mess option 😆

So yer old bugger what happened?

I may live in Somerset, but I'm Devonshire born and bred and very proud of it

That answers all my questions / concerns 😆

knottie8
    Free Member

Dibbs snapped his bikes mech hanger at the furthest point of the ride. He quickly went single speed and followed the road back to Minehead.

Dibbs
    Free Member

it appears that the jockey wheels on the rear mech were worn out so badly that the chain jammed between the jockey wheel and the mech cage. The chain then pulled the mech around tbe cassette breaking the carbon fibre cage and ripping the mech off the hanger. Thats only the second rear mech I've ever broken, the last one was X0 too but that was changed under warranty.

knottie8
    Free Member

something badly worn on YOUR bike !

oldfart

Reading that dibbs i,m glad i changed my jockey wheels last week if thats the end result .To think i moaned about £14 for a pair of Tackx wheels !TBF mine resembled ninja stars !
    And I can't believe you went to the inferior Horner tea garden, sack your guide!
    You mean go just up the road to that miserable shitehawk !Gave him 2 chances , never again .I'm not alone in that opinion either .
    Andy Bev cream over jam every time don't listen to the naysayers !

judderman
    Free Member

OF

Sorry I shot off home quick without saying a proper goodbye but Pikey was running a bit late for work so we had to shoot. Pity, I was looking forward to fish & chips & a dip in the sea…….ah well maybe next time…..thanx for a great day & i have a 'going away present' for you at home 😉

lyons
    Free Member

Hi guys and gals. It was a fun ride yesterday, even if I spent most of it riding blind due to forgetting my glasses… I hate riding without them… There were a couple of really fun descents that have definitely wet my appettite to explore a bit more. Also, thanks to the people who helped me with the bike probs, I forget who sorted the tube for me, but let me know and I'll be happy to send a fiver through paypal… Also to the guy on the enduro who gave me the cleat bolt…

lyons
    Free Member

Oops, double post

crispybacon
    Free Member

Many Thanks to Oldfart & Knottie for sorting a great ride out & also Thanks for those who came along, it was great to catch up with everyone. It was wet, muddy & hard going but fantastic fun nonetheless.

Here a few pics from the day

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4487567475_3e98960b07_b.jpg[/img][img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2677/4488217900_cbc7ed316e_b.jpg[/img][img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4488219748_dcfe13e57c_b.jpg[/img][img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2797/4487571027_1906d73a5a_o.jpg[/img][img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4043/4488219250_08efeb5757_b.jpg[/img]

If anyone wants any pics or a full set of the day my email is in my profile.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Excellent pics! I really do look like I've had an accident in that "muddy bum" pic 😯

I've uploaded my pictures of the day to HERE (4 pages). Quite a few pics of taking bikes for a walk I'm afraid 🙂

A few tasters…

I'm hoping a photoshop geek can blur the background on that last one 😛

judderman
    Free Member

Lyons

Dont worry about the tube mate its been in my camelback for what must be 2yrs! if I had kept it much longer it would have perished! thats how long I have been tubeless & never had to use it 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Thanks oldfart and knottie for a great ride. Really enjoyed it and can't wait to get back down there again. Hopefully without the rain and mud next time!!! 🙂

Anna-B
    Free Member

nferior Horner tea garden, sack your guide!

I really like it at the Horner Tea Garden, won't be sacking my guide anytime soon! The people there were lovely yesterday, welcoming, helpful, and fine about the fact that we left piles of mud over all the seats. Cream tea good price too.

oldfart

Well it seems like it was a great success enjoyed by one and all .Just sorry i can't join you in the summer ! 😀
    Nige a going away present ? i'm intrigued now !No probs about you going think Pikey was getting a bit excited about work ! 😆

cinnamon_girl

Huge thanks to oldfart for another terrific day in the West Country. Cake was delicious too. 🙂

We are all going to miss you but reckon there will be a huge Q's ride when you return!

Nice to meet lots of new people and apologies for thinking it was an eating and walking event. 😳 Didn't realise I was supposed to ride my bike too!

Hey knottie – you forgot CG's rules didn't you? 😉

Edit: can I just moan about the bloomin' Exmoor Field of Doom? I refuse to walk through there again!

Oh and does anyone has a gpx pretty please?

judderman
    Free Member

CG have posted GPS a little further back on this thread

cinnamon_girl

judderman – thank you. Now have grid refs for Field of Doom 🙄

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Thanks for a great ride.

Sorry for the delay in posting, but had no service on the Campsite.

Good day, great company, fantastic countryside and cream teas!!! 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Todays forum ride on Exmoor(pics)’ is closed to new replies.