Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Today's find!
  • JulianA
    Free Member

On the park where I work! Really pleased with this…

Markie
    Free Member

I’m pleased there are people like you who take pleasure in such things! Here’s to many more great finds!

Have you read Millican’s ‘Travels and Adventures of an Orchid Hunter’? Available online as below, but available on Amazon in easier to read formats!

http://archive.org/stream/travelsadventure00mill/travelsadventure00mill_djvu.txt

As review in 1892 below.

http://archive.spectator.co.uk/article/6th-august-1892/25/adventures-of-an-orchid—hunter-by-albert-millica

It’s not the book I particularly wanted to recommend, but that’s packed away somewhere and is probably several months from seeing light of day and thereby refreshing my memory as to its title!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You work in a park?

chewkw
    Free Member

That’s a nice orchid. I like. 😀

My aunts used to have many orchids in their gardens in the other part of the world.

JulianA
    Free Member

Thanks all!

I’ll check out those links later, Markie, cheers. We love Orchids!

This is about our twelfth Orchid species this year so far – also seen Greater and Lesser Butterfly, Man, Lady, Fly and Monkey Orchids, Birdsnest, plus Lady x Monkey and a few others. Hopefully we’ll get to about twenty-five to thirty species this year.

So far so good.

@CFH – I’m not a parkie, I’m a programmer!

chewkw
    Free Member

This is the way my aunts planted their Orchids.

Picture just illustration. Not ours.

JulianA
    Free Member

Found this a few days ago as well – not saying where!

chewkw
    Free Member

JulianA – Member

Found this a few days ago as well – not saying where!

That’s very nice. Orchid hunters will definitely nick that. 😆

JulianA
    Free Member

Hopefully not – the location is not well known and there shouldn’t be any location metadata in the picture as it was taken on an older DSLR. I wouldn’t have posted it otherwise!

bazwadah
    Free Member

That first picture reminds me of this..

JulianA
    Free Member

Very true, bazwadah. I think the Fly Orchid has out-evolved itself to an even greater degree. Still flourishing around our way, though…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Today's find!’ is closed to new replies.