Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Todays Exmoor ride pics…..
  • knottie8
    Free Member

John and I rode the route for oldfarts Exmoor safari to see if its do-able adding Dunkery to the route. Well it worked for us but was murder climbing up the road section. It took about four hours of riding + the food halt. Stopped for the cream tea at Horner before the monster climb out of Selworthy. Four long mad hell as downhills today made it a great day out. Roll on June the 14th when the group ride sets out ! Comments ?

click the above pic for more pics.

The cake was Johns by the way……

scraprider
    Free Member

nice one , working today didnt get out ,

Dibbs
    Free Member

How about one of your spider diagrams to show us the route?

knottie8
    Free Member

its a secret route so you’ll have to come along on the 14th….. Its hard riding with John as he’s so bl**dy fit at the moment ! He didnt use the granny ring at all today ! the route is roughly Minehead – dunster-grabbist-wooten-dunster path-dunkery-stoke pero church-horner-tea garden-selworth beacon-minehead. Phew , no wonder my legs hurt.

aleigh
    Free Member

I’d better bring my walking boots along 8)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Selworthy has the best cakes FACT!

charlierevell
    Free Member

Barstewards!

charlierevell
    Free Member

Barstewards!

cheers_drive

Was there today, never been before and it was the best ride so far this year.
    How the hell do he get to the top of Dunkery without using the granny?! I was in 1st gear several times today. Impressive

knottie8
    Free Member

John is one fit rider, thats how .Where as I walked some of the road climb. are you coming to the group ride ?

Olly
    Free Member

im moving down to that part of the world next week 😀

P-hat

cheers_drive

We voted to climb to the top on the road instead of just taking the trail halfway up, I alsmost regretted that, it was an a tough climb but worth it for the fast loose descent down.
    14th is a Sunday isn’t it? I’ll pencil it in.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Todays Exmoor ride pics…..’ is closed to new replies.