Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Today's excitement…
  • donsimon
    Free Member

…Taking the dog for a walk this morning I noticed the mountain was on fire!! Today, after many years on the planet I had to make my first ever emergency phone call.

Three police cars and one fire engine, no idea what the police were going to do, but they came anyway.

I think the rest of the day is going to be a little boring. A ride up there tomorrow to see the damage I think.

tails
    Free Member

they’ll blame you!! Your going to prison!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Police did give me a rollocking for wearing earphones for the phone while driving. 🙄 So maybe I am. 😯

kevonakona
    Free Member

As an 11 y.o. i phoned the fire brigade about because the gorse on the north side of the Forth Road Bridge was burning. (Me and a mate had decided to take a trip over the bridge on our bikes). First thing that happened was we got accused of starting the fire, quite aggressively, by the FB then the police.

As i kid i remember thinking that it would have been less hassle to just let it burn.

donsimon
    Free Member

Just been for a ride to have a look at the damage, luckily there only appears to be 1.500-2.000m2 damage a ground level without too much tree damage.

IMG00051-20101030-1243 by simoncarter.es, on Flickr

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Today's excitement…’ is closed to new replies.