Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Todays Edale Ride
  • didmatt
    Free Member

Today, a few friends and I did this months MBR hard route (in reverse) from Edale in the Peak District. Great days ride, lots of technical rocky descents and ascents, inc riding up Jacobs Ladder (rode about 60% of it). Great day for it, however my Marzocchi 55 TST2’s broke half way around the route. They now seem to have about 20mm of the 160mm of travel, I’ll be taking them back to Evans to see what they can do for them. Seems like the seals or something has gone, as they are rock hard even when you put your body weight on it! Anyways, heres some pics!

Matt.

taka
    Free Member

very cool pisspot 😆

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Nice one Matt, think I pushed 80% of Jacob’s Ladder a few weeks ago! 😳 That pic of Chapel Gate doesn’t quite do it justice, does it?! 😈

thefallguy
    Free Member

Chapel Gate looks tame! If only…

didmatt
    Free Member

Chapel Gate was mental really, lots of massive rocks and half of the remains of a road…

Not to mention the 4/5ft drop between the ‘track’ and the narrow tracks on the left. Lots of fun though, I decided to take the risk with the main track and ride/jump over the rocks and drops. By the time the last 300yards or so before the gate, I was hitting some real speed 😀

will
    Free Member

Looks like you had fun, it really is a great ride, was up there last weekend.

SeanOrange
    Free Member

didmatt, on Chapel Gate did you ride on the strip of tarmac that gets thinner and thinner to almost tyre width then opens out again….. CLASS!! 😀

stonemonkey
    Free Member

anywhere i can get the route from or do i have to buy mbr

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i can get the route from or do i have to buy mbr

a map ?
    or *HERE*:o)

MBR usually get routes backwards – though not in this case, apparently 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

oops, sorry, the route overlay for the map has vanished due to server problems 🙁

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

don’t think i’ve seen chapel gate that dry for a good while.

didmatt
    Free Member

SeanOrange: Yep I did, the guys with me didnt mind as they was on 100mm travel bikes, whilst I ride an SX trail.

simonfbarnes: Aye, we rode the MBR route backwards yesturday. Whilst the ride up jacobs ladder is tricky, I would of rather done that then ride up the otherside from Coldwell Clough upto Edale Cross.

crazy-legs

Yeah, I much prefer the route done the way you did it. Conditions in the Peaks now are as good as I’ve ever seen them…looks like you had a nice day for it. 🙂

Andy@MBR
    Free Member

Hi, we actually did this route as Killer Loop last year. We rode it both ways and settled on the way you did it here, up Jacobs Ladder. A map of that route is downloadable from here:
    http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=plcemfwfmpalcmhv
    Enjoy!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Todays Edale Ride’ is closed to new replies.