Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Todays ebay rant – returns not accepted is it seems worthless.
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Just been booted out of an ebay chat after questioning the fact that someone had opened a case against me over item not as described. Despite not accepting a return I said id take it back. It arrives, turns out the buyer was an idiot, “iphone home button doesnt work” was his case opener – iphone home button has the new screen protector over it so he couldnt press it, eejit. I refunded the price of the dog n bone, but not postage and he agreed. Ive been charged a FVF, so im still out of pocket.

Queried this on chat and he said even if you dont accept returns if an item isnt as described you must. So for future ref if you dont like something, make up any old reason and get a full refund.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

That’s obvious. The returns applies in a standard ‘distance selling’ capacity where things can be returned without reason. Not as described (whether this applies in this case or not) is different.

DezB
    Free Member

even if you dont accept returns if an item isnt as described you must.

So make sure you describe things accurately and don’t accept returns. If the buyer insists, you have to let them open a case and wait 8 days, with a frozen paypal account, while the eBay muppets sit on the issue without making a decision until the last day.
    But then you’ll not have to take the return, which is nice.

Not worth selling on ebay anymore IMO.

jota180
    Free Member

Not worth selling on ebay anymore IMO

I think it depends what you sell and with it the type of buyer the items attract

My wife sells about 50 items per week, mainly 50s and 60s clothing, she rarely has an issue.
    Perhaps one or two per year, that’s all

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Todays ebay rant – returns not accepted is it seems worthless.’ is closed to new replies.