Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Todays ebay cockwomble rant
  • Locoboy
    Free Member

Am an ebay seller with 25K+ Positive feedbacks and have been selling the same stuff day in day out for the last 10 years, have 7 members of staff and it all ticks along ticketyboo.

Yesterday I spoke to a guy (on the phone) who enquired about an indicator stalk for his car, there are two types available, Black and Silver, at no point gave his name or ebay details to identify himself.

We did have one available, he then proceeded to go and buy the silver one which was duly delivered. Now he complains that we have sent the wrong part. MUPPET.

His justification for returning it (AT MY COST – Ebay are making me have it back and pay the carriage) is that he enquired on the phone if we had a black one!

I tried to explain that if he went to Tesco and asked a staff member if they sold orange juice, then he proceeded to pick up apple juice and went to the till, the person on the till wouldn’t refuse to sell him the apple juice and insist he should have the orange juice.

He put the phone down on me……..

If I could live without eBay god damn it I would!

Kahurangi

Give him a full refund and block him?

JackHammer

and then send him a silver one again 😆

Cougar

Send him some black paint.

onandon
    Free Member

It’s not just eBay. The world is full of cockwombles.
    I once had an eBay store selling KCNC bike parts. I was stunned just how stupid people are and the shit they try and pull when buying things.

If someone calls you Mate more than twice in an email or call, Just don’t sell to them. They’ve identified themselves as a cockwomble.

Alphabet

eBay is just a numbers game. If you’re selling in volume then a percentage of trades will end up costing you more money than you make. I just think of it as an additional overhead and move on. Life is too short to be wound up by customer muppetary. HTH.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Todays ebay cockwomble rant’ is closed to new replies.