Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Today on the New Yankee Workshop…*
  • maxray
    Free Member

Is building your house your full time job at the mo stoner? Would so love to do something like that.. maybe one day..

meeeee
    Free Member

you can keep your Norm Abrams and Bob Vilas….

the real king of diy has to be Tim the Toolman Taylor from Home improvement, so break out those Binford tools 🙂
    (although they actually based Al Borland in the show on Norm Abram!)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUtxOpASRzQ[/video]

maccruiskeen

and just how unfair is it that dado blades are illegal in the UK?!?!?!?

It’s these new fangled braked motors, the dado blades have so much mass they wind themselves off the spindle when the motors stops and hurl themselves at the operator. Maffel make a nice groove cutting saw though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

maxray – it’s complex, but essentially Im a freelancer. My hours may be flat out for a month; like working sundays through to 2am, or like now, a day a week for a month or so.

Last year I had a steady but lucrative contract that took little time so was able to work 4 weekdays a week on the barn, plus weekends.

Stoner
    Free Member

Next job: the BBQ.
    Based on your previous work I assume that will be a pit capable of roasting a whole ox.

nah 🙂

I have a modestly scaled design in my head which I shall reveal tomorrow afternoon (i have to do some paid work tomorrow morning 😉 )

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not bad. 8.2/10.

If you’d used joints instead of just screwing everything together, it would have been a 9. Coming along nicely.

(garden looks great 8) )

Stoner
    Free Member

mleh. my mortice and tenons are usually sawdust and PVA 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Today on the New Yankee Workshop…*’ is closed to new replies.