Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Today on Radio 1 in the Live Lounge
  • billybob
    Free Member

An ‘artist’ named Chipmunk put in a late entry for the worst cover version ever.

If you want to abuse your ears it’s near the end of the 24minutes.

Chipmunk covers – Killing in the name of…

kimbers

that was **** dreadful

i guess thats why i dont listen to radio1!

and fern cotton a dj?

samcamsdad

hmmm, had the misfortune to hear this on greg james show, truly kak!!
    dont think it’ll make the next live lounge album!

jam-bo

He got given a pretty poor set of choices.

DezB
    Free Member

That was alright! Quite jolly I thought. 😆

My son isn’t sure which one was best. I think he probably would have preferred RATM if I’d played it to the end.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

fearne makes my piss boil……….that was shit. Morello would be turning in his grave

how it should be done – from ‘back in the day’

Pigface
    Free Member

Morello isnt dead

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

I know…

IHN

I thought it was quite novel. A cover version that was a reworking, rather than rehashing, of the original.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Couldn’t decide whether it was dreadful or quite a good effort. FC was certainly very effusive!

emsz
    Free Member

It’s a live lounge tradition. do a cover version that’s waaaaaay away from the song you’d normally do.

Adele doing a Cheryl Cole cover, Ellie Goulding doing Rihanna’s Only Girl Elbow did Independant Woman by Beyonce

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Pulled Apart By Horses doing Willow Smith……spoilt only by the presence of Jo Wiley

PrinceJohn

It’s a live lounge tradition. do a cover version that’s waaaaaay away from the song you’d normally do.

Yes – but it doesn’t mean it has to suck balls! Will check out that Pulled Apart By Horses one.

lunge

The Acrtic Monkey’s doing Love Machine was superb, todays, somewhat less so.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

FC does my head in. “We’ve got a huge archive of Live Lounges stretching back 15 years, so here’s something from, erm, three weeks ago….”

yes I know, off button, blah blah blah. Switch over to R2 and that equally annoying bint Jo Whiney is there now. No escape….

TiRed

Dizzy Rascal performed That’s not my name by the Ting Tings – it’s better than the original. I think they should ask the artist to perform something from the opus of the previous guest – no questions. Mind you, Lady Gaga’s live rendition of Poker Face is superb too and we would have been deprived of that recording.

And yes I have all the previous albums…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Today on Radio 1 in the Live Lounge’ is closed to new replies.