Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • today on my commute I saw…..
  • slimtubing
    Free Member

A hot american girl on a Surly long haul trucker, we exchanged pleasantries at the lights and it served to make my day a little better 🙂
    Whaddya got STW massive?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

leaving my house at 6am I saw no less than 5 cyclists riding without lights.

Sale to Cheadle commute btw

slimtubing
    Free Member

Onehunga to Auckland CBD for me.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Do I have to say it – useless without photo's

I saw nothing much but cars and trucks – but then again can't expect more in central London.

Think I would take your commute any day

bigyinn
    Free Member

The sun rising over the solent.

thomthumb
    Free Member

loads of cyclists – at 5am i normally only see one – today, still at 5, I saw about 8 – strange!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Pretty much nothing. I seem to have pretty much zero recollection of this mornings rides either end of the railway except for a van trying to push me out of an advanced stop line box thingy

juan
    Free Member

What cheesyfeet says. Except a plonker in the train woke me up to ask if my pedals were normal or if a bit was missing.
    Shoot the fecker.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Usual drudgery and filth of Nottingham sadly.

allthepies
    Free Member

cars, about 4 other bike commuters and that's your lot. Oh a learner driver got pretty close when overtaking.

Wee
    Free Member

Boring commute today. Same old stuff, cars and lorries, although one car did honk his horn at me for no reason.
    Seen one other cyclist and few runners, one with a rather fat but cute black labrador 🙂

Maybe tomorrow will be more interesting

yossarian
    Free Member

I saw a squirrel and was pushed up onto the verge by a motorway maintenance lorry who overtook me into oncoming traffic – nice.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

slimtubing – Member
    Onehunga to Auckland CBD for me.

Posted 51 minutes ago # Report-Post

Poor you.

samuri
    Free Member

I had to call at a petrol station to get a toothbrush and toothpaste because my toothbrush had fallen down the toilet. The girl behind the counter flirted with me, with ME!!! She was very pretty too, that made my day almost as much as riding along through the mist watching the sun come up.

falkirk-mark

The inside of my car

Amongst other things

acjim
    Free Member

Trying hard to remember as mostly my commute this morning was a pain filled nightmare as I'd forgotten my gloves and it was about 6deg… (diddums)

So all I remember is a nice sun rise

nickb

I saw mist rising from Thames, mist over the fields of Richmond Park and a beautiful stag in the park silhouetted by the sun. All good stuff!

Nick

xc-steve
    Free Member

On my walk to work this morning, I got to a road crossing just as the green man showed, so didn't have to slow my walk one bit… felt like the smooth operator walking past all those chumps who were waiting mehehhe!

If school ride counts, then we saw a Buzzard & a Little Owl, Oh & met a **** big tracker & even bigger trailer pulling maize, tight squeeze

taka
    Free Member

slimtubeing was it near hebdenbridge?

Lucas
    Free Member

I saw the concrete of the skate ramp approach fast as I fell off while trying to turn halfway up the halfpipe. Maybe if I try every morning I'll be able to do it in a few years.

slimtubing
    Free Member

taka nah bro Nu Zulland.
    chunky suburb of the future mate don't knock the 'hunga

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

slimtubing – Member
    taka nah bro Nu Zulland.
    chunky suburb of the future mate don't knock the 'hunga

I lived in NZ for a year (Auckland). Wasn't for me and counted the days to get the hell out! 😛

avdave2

I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it.

RichPenny
    Free Member

my life flashing before my eyes…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Lovely autumnal morning spin in to work for me. Cool and crisp, but with a bit of sunshine on my face and the rustle of dry leaves about.

oomidamon

I saw horse sh1t – but it might have been cow.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the ignition light going off but no brooo brooommmmmmmm noise 🙁

time to get the multimeter out and workout what got wet yesterday 🙁

DarrenH

Yet another idiot driving an oversized pickup truck turning left in front of me.
    Cheers divot head! You know who you are! 😡

rkk01
    Free Member

Last night's commute home – weasel

DezB
    Free Member

Only an idiot in a BMW letting a car out and later a bus without checking what was coming up the cycle lane. They didn't get in my way so I wasn't bothered.
    Yesterday I saw loads of big puddles and cars sending a wash over my legs as they went by. Not fun.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

I heard a loud CRACK!
    I saw a 20ft branch land about 10ft to my right as I weaved my way through the local woods on the way into work.
    That woke me up! 😯

Gnnr

Saw a woman cycling a hybrid with her helmet on totally the wrong way round!! Maybe she thinks the visor keeps the rain off your neck.. nutter

BoardinBob

I saw a tracksuited ned on a retro Trek MTB with a fag in his mouth blasting his way through pedestrians on the pavements outside Central Station in Glasgow. Impressive trackstanding skills actually as he got held up at a bottleneck but soon he was back on his way and launched himself onto the road at Bothwell Street and proceeded at full speed, going the wrong way up a crazily busy one way street.

Travis

1000's of cars, hundreds of bikes (no-lights) and millions of people

(I live in Beijing)

spandex_bob

Last night's commute home – female peregrine zoomed over at hedge height.

Keva
    Free Member

some muppett driving with their nearside wheels in the cycle lane. 🙄

csb

A Virgin media van reg VE07 ZKB that thought it was funny to pull away from parking in a bus lane when I was alongside. C8ck.

2tyred

An adult swan on the Forth & Clyde canal doing that thing where they stretch their wings out and sort of stand up on the water. It was enormous.

A minute later there were two big splashes on the other side of the water – I stopped and watched two young deer swim about then climb out, shake the water off themselves (with the sun low in the sky behind them), then scamper off into the woods.

Prior to that, while waiting to exit a side road, I'd seen a dump truck tailgate a car with a gap of less than 6 feet at 30mph on a narrow residential street. I must have shaken my head or something, as when I passed him at the next traffic lights the truck driver started screaming out of his window at me, veins bulging in his neck, that he was going to remember my face and kill me. What an incredible state to work yourself up into in the space of a few hundred yards.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

The dials of my car 🙁

Snapped a chainring in half the other night and not had chance to fix it yet 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘today on my commute I saw…..’ is closed to new replies.