Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Today is D Day
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

4 months ago I discoved an out of the way unused bombhole surrounded by steep slopes with a natural drop to play on*
    3 months ago I thought it would be a good place to build some jumps at the bottom
    6 weeks ago I bungee corded a spade and a rake to my bike and started digging on my lunch hour
    20 lunchtimes later – yesterday I finished the first jump section
    Lunchtime today is the day I see if all the hard work was worth it, or if I spanner myself.

First jumps are always something special, when you come across an existing jump that 100’s of people have ridden before you have some degree of confidence that it will ride as expected. First jumps are launching into the unknown. My legs are twitching with adrenalin so I’m off out now, swapping my shirt and tie for a pair of shorts, a Tee and a helmet. See you later.

* see here for reference. I won’t be making the same mistake today.http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stop-come-back

v666ern
    Free Member

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Nice, can we have a report later?

Junkyard
    Free Member

wifi is notoriously poor in A & E 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

*sends email to colleagues advising that the woodland sex pest is returning to the crime scene this lunchtime*

Stevet1
    Free Member

And I’m back. Bit of a boring report – no injuries, jump rode beautifully, if a little short due to the speed off the slope. Its quite big already but next few lunchtimes will be making it biggerer..
    Might even be bothered to do photos next week.
    No wimminz were approached in the making of this topic.

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely you could’ve come up with a better story.. none of us know you, we’ve no idea what actually happened. Live a little.

epicyclo

molgrips – Member
    Surely you could’ve come up with a better story..

Yes, the OP could have mentioned he was jumping over the sunbathing area of the local naturist camp for healthy young ladies/laddies, while vigilant security guards tried to knock him out of the air with machine guns – or some such.

We’d like that. 🙂

Stevet1
    Free Member

Apologies, I did keep it short for brevity.
    Anyway full story is yeah? I was like riding along pulling one handed wheelies on the way down when a long haired dude on a Santa Cruz pulled out in front of me. I had to pull a massive stoppie to avoid running him down but its no probs because my brakes are awesumz. He was like wassup bro where are you headin’ on that sweet ride? So I told him about the gnarly jump and he said he was pretty handy on a bike and had won a few world cups or something but that dude must have been trippin coz he didn’t look like no footballer. Anyhoo I went super slow so he could keep up and follow me and when we arrived he said hey man I ain’t jumpin’ no grand canyon dude which was cool coz no way he was making it anyway on those 27.5″ wheels – I’m rockin’ 26″ old skool yeah? I rolled in but got bored halfway down the slope because it wasn’t gnarly enough so endo’ed into a fakie roll and jumped it going backwards bustin out a sick front flip which I have to admit was quite hard travellig backwards but I didn’t let him know that. I landed about 20′ to flat but it was no probs my ankles can take it ‘coz I’m a rad hardtail rider they haven’t gone soft from no wussy rear suspension malarkey although my knees are a bit crunchy now.
    On the way home he was like do you want to ride for some sindy team or whatever but I said no way man that sounds as dull as your voice besides I need to get back to work and fill in my timesheets.

cp

🙂 much better

theotherjonv

besides I need to get back to work and fill in my timesheets.

wins the internet for today. I spaffed coffee onto my keyboard.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Now Admin really do need to dump that “Share” button rubbish and give us a “Like” one instead!!

shifter
    Free Member

Brilliant. I’m clicking like.

GregMay
    Free Member

Brilliant 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Good work. Gains marks for unintelligibility, wheel size reference and reference to middle age and reality 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Today is D Day’ is closed to new replies.