Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Today is a two hanky day.
  • headfirst
    Free Member

One for my nose and one for my eyes before any of you get the wrong idea.

We’re taking our eldest off to her university halls. Our younger daughter has just presented her with a photo album of memories. The photo of them beaming in their new school uniforms as one starts juniors and the other infant school has set me off. If we could rewind and do it all again from then I would in an instant.

Solidarity to all mums and dads in the same boat!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I know exactly what you mean – my lot started secondary two weeks ago – they grow up too fast! 🙁

Edric64
    Free Member

I blubbed loads when returning from taking my eldest to uni .Now four years later he is about to go to India ,allegedly for good so there could be a repeat

jamj1974

I feel for all of you – I still have four years before the eldest starts secondary school, but the seven years so far have passed in a flash… A good reminder to make the most of each day of their childhoods. (Wipes moisture from corner of eye…).

J

Splat
    Free Member

Our oldest went to uni 2 weeks ago. No tears, but miss her loads. Good thing is she is at Galashiels – not so far from Peebles. She might be seeing more of us than she wants to.

oldnpastit

Eldest went to university on Friday. Starting to feel like he’s left a huge empty space. It feels weird only making two cups of tea, and not having anyone else in the house I can talk to about bikes with.

I was looking at a big pile of junk that has collected in the garage earlier today. Every so often he used to go and clear out all the old discarded bits of bike too broken to be of any possible use; I suddenly realised I’m going to have to start doing this myself now.

Feels very weird.

Shorty121
    Free Member

My parents, sister and next door neighbor cried when I left England for a 10 month working holiday in NZ.

bwaarp
    Free Member

My parents, sister and next door neighbor cried when I left England for a 10 month working holiday in NZ.

😯

Sandwich

Just starting week 3 without sandwich Junior. It’s getting better but still strange. We have 2 closed doors upstairs now.

His Facebook wall seems to gain an extra blonde every night. I’m glad he’s having fun. The old pics of me and his sister in a pod on the “Eye” were a bit of a wobbly moment yesterday.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Today is a two hanky day.’ is closed to new replies.