Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Today I met Martyn Ashton
  • njee20
    Free Member

And he was a really nice guy!

Bumped into him in Bath, just chilling and enjoying a busker.

Did a bit of gushing, told him he was a huge inspiration etc, he was happy to chat, asked about my son (who I was carrying), considering I’d totally blindsided him on the street he was lovely.

That’s all.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

*likes*

Wookster

Awesome! I’d love to meet him!

augustuswindsock

I’ve also had the pleasure of meeting him, lovely guy!

duncancallum

I’ve met him too. One of the most genuinely nice guys.

They say never meet your hero’s. Bollocks if it’s martyn Ashton meet him

Speshpaul

“like”

medlow
    Free Member

Legend. A true warrior.
    I used to dream of being that cool on a bike and owning a blue Cannondale with yellow magura hydraulics.

vickypea
    Free Member

I love to meet him, he is a huge inspiration

superstu
    Free Member

Met him at newnham park when I was about 14/15 twenty years ago. Absolutely lovely guy then (doing a demo with Martin Hawes). Love the man.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I watched for a short while when him, Danny MacAskill, and Chris Akrigg filmed the video at Antur when he got back on a DH bike. Great stuff.

I popped over to say hi when they were loading bikes in the van but missed Martyn. Danny was a nice chap. Even though I was being your typical annoying fan. Chris seemed like I was being annoying. 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He was setting up the bike and film crew when I saw him in whistler so didn’t want to get in the way, though later in the day shared a lift with Stacy who rides the 4 wheel buggy down a line…. Another legend there

chakaping
    Free Member

Ashton is my only MTB man-crush.

Such a smoothie.

milky1980
    Free Member

Met him (and the rest of the GMBN crew) at FOD, he was happy to chat to any other riders around. Genuinely decent bloke. I’m not into trials riding so didn’t do the ‘Fan-gushing’ thing although one guy I saw just stood there for a few seconds mouthing ‘It’s Martyn Ashton…’ before his mate gave him a nudge 😆

MSP

I’m not into trials riding

No one is, sick edits is where it is at!

johnw1984
    Free Member

I half-expected this to turn into the Pistonheads Jason Plato thread 🙂

Glad it didn’t though!

leftyboy
    Free Member

I was at Sandbanks in Poole at the weekend and walked past the fence, the one that looks like a wave, that Martyn rides in the bike party video – it still humbles me how anyone can ride that!

MrSparkle

Met him last year after Kendal Mountain Festival Bike night. Blathered on to him at some length in a pub (I *may* have been slightly pissed). Top, top man. Funny, modest and so positive about life.

Jakester
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    And he was a really nice guy!

Bumped into him in Bath, just chilling and enjoying a busker.

Grr, I normally stalk past the buskers in an angry, passive aggressive way so might have missed him!

cashback

I was going to say that he is doing a wilderness lecture in bristol soon, but looks like I missed it and it didn’t happen anyway. however looks like you can still go and see Hans Rey.

wilderness lectures

prawny

I’ve met him a couple of times, once in 97 (I think) at the bike show when it was in London, and once at Fistral a couple of year ago when he wa doing a bike animal show.

Lovely bloke both time, still looked grumpy though 😆

jwt
    Free Member

Met him at one of the early Fort Bill world cups, outside the Cruachan hotel when they had the lake jump on the big barge. I was very drunk and yet he was a complete star although I feel he may just have been waiting for me to finally wobble enough to fall off the wall outside the hotel we were stood on! 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Grr, I normally stalk past the buskers in an angry, passive aggressive way so might have missed him!

He was pretty distinctive, GMBN hoodie and all!

I’m not into trials riding so didn’t do the ‘Fan-gushing’ thing

No, me neither (aside from watching Road Bike Party/Danny Mac vids), but you can’t help but admire what he’s done in the last few years. Always awesome when people like that are just as nice as you hope!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Today I met Martyn Ashton’ is closed to new replies.