Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Today I jumped my car….
  • philjunior
    Free Member

Just make sure you know the road and can see what’s over the hump. Did a few navigational rallies in my late teens/early 20s and various mishaps from others plus one big mistake from my driver over a crest that could easily have killed us both-we were very close to going end over end and damaged the car.
    If you know the road and it’s well sighted just be sensible, it will obviously take its toll just like jumping a bike even if you don’t scrape the underside. And if you do scape it keep an eye out for warning lights.

garage-dweller

It would have been earlier but I had a headache and couldn’t be arsed. Now I’ve had a fry up, a walk and some coffee I feel able to have a reasoned go.

Cougar

Are you going for the front two or all four?

tthew

Got to be all four, otherwise it’s a wheelie.

Xylene
    Free Member

SHagging cars

I thought this was a thread about you shagging your car.

[/url]

kayla1
    Free Member

Was the car still running when it landed? Yes? You can go faster 😀

edit- OH can get our I’ve seen a Fiat Doblo airborne over a lumpy bumpy bit near us.

DezB
    Free Member

13 hours, is that some sort of record?

Not that I really want to join in with this Top Gear wannabe bollox, but did you really think hebdencyclist’s post was in approval..?

maxtorque

pfft, amateurs, way back in 1990, i jumped the A303 in a Citroen AX GT……

(long story, involving a miss heard “pace” note on a 12 car night rally, and ending in a landing in a field with 2 flat tyres and a broken sump…… 😆 )

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

None of this counts unless you’ve done it in a Tesco car park.

So-called “humps” on straight empty country roads is for pussies.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Foleshill Road in coventry….

I’ll leave it at that….

bails

The hump back next to the tyre place?

geoffj

This is what hire cars are for *coughs*
    (Specifically a 1999 Renault Laguna taking the scenic route via Hexham)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This is what hire cars are for

Handbrake turns are entirely possible in a 1.3l Hyundai Accident.

Let’s go mental! It’s a rental!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Between the lights at Cash’s Lane and the lights at Lockhurst Lane.
    Passing what used to be Courtaulds it crosses the canal.
    Major air either way but heading in to town gave you massive distance too.
    Cov Kawasaki used to give free servicing to the best :mrgreen:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This is what hire cars are for *coughs*

Or works vehicles, especially when your work is building roads so you spend a lot of your time where the cops can’t touch you.
    4 wheel drift in a 26t loading shovel. Drifting transit vans round stockpiles, all sorts of stuff.
    It took a while to get a 360 degree spin mind you……did that in my own car in a quarry in the end.
    I used to work with a guy who could drive a Landrover with his legs crossed too.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

It would have been earlier but I had a headache and couldn’t be arsed. Now I’ve had a fry up, a walk and some coffee I feel able to have a reasoned go.

Wow…..must have a go at that….will get up in the morning, find something to take offence at then plan my other daily activities around the “reasoned go” I’m going to rev myself up for!

FFS get a life!

molgrips
    Free Member

He’s not offended, got nothing to do with offence, it’s calling out dangerous stuff being accepted. And the double standards.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

FFS get a life!

^^ It sounds like someone has been offended.

To be fair garage-dweller’s post is the best written one on this thread, well in my opinion anyway. I particularly liked :

“And in the bike forum theres a thread about the injustices of not handing out life time driving bans and custodial sentences for careles driving.”

So I’m not entirely surprised that s/he’s offended a few people.

alpin
    Free Member

I agree with Ernie.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bottomed out on landing twice, AFAIK not had a gentle jump (but then unless you were trying it might not be obvious)

1) MG Midget, hit the ground with one hell of a bang!

2) Ford C-max, stupidly in a hurry on an unfamiliar NYM road somewhere north of Dalby heading south there was a left-right with a bridge over a river, how I didn’t end up airborne in the wall I’ve no idea, just didn’t anticipate the car would take off so was just going an appropriate speed for the bend!

smatkins1
    Free Member

Ok so which one of you jokers was this: YouTube Link

hammyuk
    Free Member

Love the dog that comes along, has a look and then goes “f*ck it”….

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Love it how she comes off the brakes whilst getting air.

It’s all about balance in’it.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I was at Primary School in the mid ’80s. Once we went on a school trip in a minibus with bench seats along the sides, and all the luggage piled up in the middle. The teacher gave it the gas over a humpbacked bridge, and the last-minute shout of “Hold On!” was as ineffective as it was late.

Given the construction of the seats, there were no seatbelts to tether anyone and it all went a bit Vomit-Comet in the back, as kids and luggage floated around weightless, ISS stylee.

The re-entry was harsh, one boy had a split in his head from hitting the beam strengthening the roof, and one girl lost control of her bladder upon landing, sending a streak of piss along the vinyl covered bench, scattering kids to the other side of the bus. How we didn’t subsequently roll, I’ll never know. We had to stop to let the teacher sheepishly mop up all the body fluids.

CountZero

What I find utterly laughable about this place is here we have a thread about driving recklessly on the road and so hard and fast on a public road that you stand a high probability of having or causing an accident that could be fatal.

And in the bike forum theres a thread about the injustices of not handing out life time driving bans and custodial sentences for careles driving.

A lot of what some of those in this thread have described as their driving would sit comfortably within a charge of dangerous driving.

Save the heroics for the track if you drive that well.

By all means make progress but don’t reinforce the message it’s ok to drive like idiots. The public highway is no place for testing the limits of your car’s grip and on limit handling.
    Patronising much?
    I’m pretty sure everyone posting recognises the danger and stupidity, and isn’t condoning it.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Today I jumped my car….’ is closed to new replies.