Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Today, I had to go on a thing called a BUS :-( …… ;-)
  • redthunder
    Free Member

😉

Bus Trip by SGMTB, on Flickr

I have to conclude it wasn’t that bad, but it was a rough ride.

scotroutes

Did those extra wheels make the road come alive?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

PSA: For anybody the needs to meet and share lifts to Wales, that Portway Park & Ride car park is very handily located 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Cheap at £3.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m in fear for the fella in the red jacket… NO HELMET!!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

BUS ****ER

matt_outandabout

You sat in the priority seats?
    tsk tsk.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#DDDoggingTips

Cougar

Buses are like girlfriends.

The best ones are bendy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Double decker? Ding dong!

redthunder
    Free Member

On the way out I was at the front extra rough ride by the front wheels.

On the way back I elected to to sit at the rear. Just as rough but felt sea sick. Good job I just read Treasure Island 😉

dannybgoode

Eurgh – I would have to bath in bleach for a week. You have my sympathy…

singletrackmind

Did it start at your house ?
    Did it drop you at your final destination?
    Were you lucky enough to listen to Conner Maynard second hand through a very low quality distorted speaker played by a 13 year old telling her bessie mate exactly what she would like to do to the *lucky* Mr Maynard
    Were you scowled at by Beatrice for sitting in ‘her’ seat , so couldn’t share with Joyce . And then spend the entire trip pointing out the glaringly obvious to the aforementioned Joyce ” Oh the suns very bright today Joyce ” ” Oh look Joyce a train “?
    Was there a plethora of multicoloured chewing gum either in front or just under your seat?
    Busses . Free for oldies so your ticket costs X amount more to cover it.

project
    Free Member

you can be arrested fro taking pictures of buses internaly and externally, anti terrorism laws it appears.

Nice mercedes bendi bus though, probably an ex london one asds Boris has the new electic diesel ones at a much higher cost.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I commute very day by bus

Albeit on rather luxurious buses that runs on their own dedicated busway Busway

Bargain for £23.50 a week, much better than being stuck on the A14

julianwilson
    Free Member

singletrackmind – Member

Did it start at your house ?
    Did it drop you at your final destination?

I have a bus stop and double yellows right outside my house, so i am actually closer to the bus than I am to my car. And if I go shopping in town (or indeed to my very part time ‘other’ job at the university) I am certainly closer to where I want to go than if i parked a car. Oh and £3 return on bus versus fuel and parking (£1.20 to £1.40 per hour depending on which car park) is a winner for fewer than three people sharing the car. Unless some are kids, in which case a family of four on the bus is still cheaper.

Buses are ace! 😀

loddrik
    Free Member

After decades of never getting on a bus I have recently started using it with the kids. It’s great; cheap, frequent, clean etc. was on it today to take youngest to a play centre. She thinks the bus is as much fun as the play centre, as long as it’s a double decker.

Muke
    Free Member

Did those extra wheels make the road come alive?

No they just go round and round 😉

gordimhor

I travel by bus most days. ..just having a bus service every day counts as a good bus service in the Highlands.At £16 per week it’s pretty good value though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I like not having to drive, especially with a group or with the family. As previously mentioned I wish our bus into town was quicker.

Mr_C
    Free Member

The best ones are bendy.

No, the best ones have a large top deck and you can enter at the rear.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

what sized wheels and tyres on the bus go round and round?

sugdenr
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

None for ages then 2 come along at the same time?

bigdean

None for ages then 2 come along at the same time?

Its a luky man that can make two girl friends ……………

redthunder
    Free Member
    jekkyl

The problem with buses is a lot of the general bus riding public smell a bit.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Were you wearing your bus pants?

hot_fiat

The ‘Express’ poverty wagon from outside my house to the centre of Newcastle takes four and a half times as long to get complete the journey as my car. I dread having to drop the KTM off in town for its service and slum it home: I could kneel on a skateboard and fart-propel myself there quicker.

TooTall
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaSi2Z74Ou8[/video]

(I used to enjoy using the bus services in and around Bristol. Dead handy)

billyboulders
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

Everyone’s been in ’em and they smell of sick? (:wince: sorry!)

molgrips
    Free Member

I dread having to drop the KTM off in town for its service and slum it home: I could kneel on a skateboard and fart-propel myself there quicker

Or ride a bike?

takisawa2

Took my lads on a double decker in Brum a few months ago. They loved it on the top deck. 🙂
    There were no loonies on board luckily.

samuri
    Free Member

Has anyone seen my camel?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

why does nobody ever smile on a bus?

in fact if they are smiling you pray they dont sit next to ya!

Flaperon

First Class is upstairs, right?

KonaTC

Given some of the comments on this thread the Single track forum is certainly becoming the preserve of the middle classes

bigyinn
    Free Member

God you lot are precious!

project – Member

you can be arrested fro taking pictures of buses internaly and externally, anti terrorism laws it appears.
    Oh and this is total rubbish. Its a public place, so as long as you aren’t using the pictures for personal profit its fine.

jamiea
    Free Member

I commute very day by bus…Albeit on rather luxurious buses that runs on their own dedicated busway

With an equally luxurious bridleway/cycle track beside it 😉

Cheers,
    Jamie

toby1

Beaten to it by jamiea, lovely way to commute to work.

Open to all winds, often a snail massacre, the fun of the CRC section and the kids – wouldn’t change it for anything!

willard

Shame that it was so horrendously over-budget and was held back by the dispute with the contractors. Nice idea, would have preferred a proper train though.

I do have to ask though, how much has it cut traffic to Cambridge from that part of the area? The A14 still gets gridlocked and all the local roads (A1198, stand up, be recognised) are still packed in the mornings.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Today, I had to go on a thing called a BUS :-( …… ;-)’ is closed to new replies.