Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Today I found some retro hedge grumble.
  • tang
    Free Member

My kind of Grot.

MoreCashThanDash

Whatever turns you on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I spotted some genuine hedgegrot the other day. It was a reminder of those glorious, halcyon days….!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Was it a razzle, flashy, with a revealing ‘pile up’ on the back page?. It’s only hedgerow grumble if it has the pile up.

mintimperial

Quality bit of kit there, XT M737. That’s still got the ceramic jockeys on and everything, pull it out, squirt of plusgas and it’ll be good as new.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

pull it out, squirt

Nobeer, it looked classier than that.

dannyh
    Free Member

‘Pile up’?

You heathen.

It is a ‘razzle-stack’ don’t you know.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This seems as good a place to say this as any….

Over the years, our bike trips developed a tradition. Each rider should bring some gentertainment with them. This soon became a veritable treasure trove of rhythm pamphlets. A part of the concept was that we would “give back”, allowing the youth of today to discover the delights as we had in your salad days.

One day, it was my car who had been tasked with the redistribution. We take it in turns, you see.

On the edge of Dolgellau, my passenger called me to a stop, having seen a bus stop. A prime position to redistribute. I stopped, hazard lights blinking, no layby bus stop this one, and waited.

And waited.

Waited some more, getting a little nervous.

Eventually he reappeared, got in, and we drove off.

“What took you so long?”

“Well, I wanted to do it properly, you see. Make sure there was a decent spread, nicely laid out with all the highlights on show. These things matter!”

We laughed. A lot. Then we thought of Mrs Pugh tottering down to the bus stop the following morning, and I am afraid to say, we laughed a lot more!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bravo sir!

wiggles
    Free Member

CFH, now that’s what you call giving back to community.

I always wondered how so many “rhythm pamphlets” (stealing that) ended up in I hedges

jekkyl

Op, that chain looks like it’s attached. Is there a pic of the rest of the rusted up bicycle?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

A related(ish) tale, about 10 of us lads used to go to the Norfolk Broads on boating/piss up trips, now my brother used to work at the printer who did all the Paul Raymond publications. As you can imagine on the trip we had a glut (2 large bin bags full) of said mags!
    After a day of thumbing through literally thousands of pages of razzle stacks, readers wives etc etc we decided to do the decent thing and redistribute them before we went blind, give others a chance to enjoy the literature. So we became postmen, most boats on the broads that day had a magazine donated to them. The best was a couple in their sixties she was fixing tea and we saw him get up off his seat and nip inside, we left a knave for him nice and neatly put where he had sat as we stealthily cruised past! I often wonder if he or his wife got to it first! If any of you frequent the broads there was/is a pair of boots on a stake in the middle of the river we left some in those, they were gone when we got back.
    Oh how we laughed! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

we left a knave for him nice and neatly put where he had sat as we stealthily cruised past!

I salute you. A worthy effort for the cause! BRAVO!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Today I found some retro hedge grumble.’ is closed to new replies.