Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Today I did a strange thing.
  • scotroutes

Trying to escape from packing for a couple of hours and determined to do a “farewell to the Pentlands” ride, I went to the garage and took the Blur out for a ride. That’s probably the first time in a year or so as I’ve been riding a tourer, a 29er and, of course, the 9zero7 Fatbike has been my “go to” MTB.

It was bloody weird. The steering was all flippy floppy, the rear end bounced up and down, the grip and traction was abysmal and the tyres just looked so far away.

30 minutes later, with a wee adjustment to the shock pressures and I was thoroughly enjoying it. I loved the light weight, the quick response and I even got used to it being a bit sketchy on the dry, gravelly surface that’s currently in vogue. I got back after 30-odd km with a big grin on my face. I uploaded the ride to Strava and got a couple of PBs over a dozen or do segments.

Conclusion? Biking is ace regardless of the bike you have or what size wheels it has. Just get out there and enjoy it!!!

scaredypants

where you goin’ drewy ?

allthepies
    Free Member

Moving to England ?

😉

scotroutes

Norf. I decided that a fatbike deserves a snowier home, so we’re Cairngorm bound.

ojom
    Free Member

good to see you at the tip today,

We need to meet for some wax action this week. Perhaps i can buy you several pints to see you off?

scaredypants

cool

see what I … ah, never mind 😳

singlespeedstu

Conclusion? Biking is ace regardless of the bike you have or what size wheels it has. Just get out there and enjoy it!!!

Can’t argue with that.

26ers do look strange when you’ve been on other bikes for a while though.

scotroutes

Wed evening?

ojom
    Free Member

if it was the spylaw after 7.15 i can do. I have an after work appt at the house.

scotroutes

Possibly. What about Thursday – you guys relocated yet?

matt_outandabout

Riding bikes rocks. 8)

Our house is about to be N+1 again, and it has piqued the biking here again, as has new local trails without 300m climbs…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Today I did a strange thing.’ is closed to new replies.