• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Today, I am a happy chappy :-)
  • Kit
    Free Member

Got an unconditional offer for a place on a unique and exciting (I hope!) MSc course today. Since I found out about it, its all I've wanted. I don't know how I can wait the 9 months until I start being a full-time student again!

And also today I started working a 2nd job (a first for me) to help me save up for the masters. All very new and exciting 🙂

Today has been a good day. And yesterday I got a small settlement for being knocked off my bike a few weeks ago, so this week is so far proving to be pretty decent!

(P.S. just need someone to buy my Hustler off me now for the amount of money I want 😉 )

bassspine
    Free Member

hurray!
    It's a nice change to hear someone happy on here.

I hope you're the start of a wave of positive things

FoxyChick
    Free Member

🙂

Kit
    Free Member

*crosses fingers*

Good things come to those who…

Smee
    Free Member

What is it you're going to be doing? Being a student is great BTW.

Kit
    Free Member

MSc Carbon Capture & Storage – http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/masters/ccs_info/ – putting my degree to some proper use, instead of fuelling the housing boom/depression.

allyharp

What's the MSc course?

Ambrose

Go Kit Go! Well done on all fronts. Carbon capture. we are relying on you to make it work. No pressure there then 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Nice one, Kit.

I could be cynical about masters courses, but what I do suggest is that you really, really read around the subject in all sorts of ways (and mainly way off your reading list) to ensure that you come out loaded with knowledge.

The go off and make CCS work at a commercial, governmental and social level.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice one Kit.

robgarrioch

Congrats Kit – that will be one good number to be involved with in the future. I hear Edinburgh's a great place in which to be a student 🙂

Is that you joining the Uni MTB club then?

ojom
    Free Member

i shall change your stw discount to a student discount then shall i? 😀

jimmy

Nice one , Kit. If you want any pre-reading stuff let me know…

Kit
    Free Member

The go off and make CCS work at a commercial, governmental and social level.

There are a few other gents on here who are already involved in CCS at Edinburgh Uni, however I think so far most work has been done on the research side (Edinburgh being very much an 'academic' institution). I like the idea of being able to 'sell' it to the public, assuming I still believe in it after my course! Apparently CCS isn't going down well in Sweden(?) due to public perception. Or in some way, getting involved at government level. Ambitious, maybe, but that'll be a first for me.

Is that you joining the Uni MTB club then?

Hmmm, only if they let 'grandads' in 😀

i shall change your stw discount to a student discount then shall i?

Only if its cheaper 😉

Kit. If you want any pre-reading stuff let me know…

Cheers jimmy, I sure will. How's the job hunt going? If you're desperate, I saw that Subway are recruiting (serious suggestion, btw, if you're getting desperate) at the foot of Leith Walk.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Hats off to you son. After all the doom and gloom – depression posts etc – its nice to hear soome good news. Its my birthday today so I;m saying tara to my 38th year which by all accounts was a stinker and welcoming in the 39th with a smile and a positive attitude. :-)At least I will after the funeral I'm going to this pm. 🙁

Kit
    Free Member

Happy Birthday algarve. Hope the day isn't too gloomy for you.

depression posts etc

Well, as a depressive myself, these little successes are what counts. I don't have a bad life, currently, but its easy to think how shit everything is. Things are looking up anyway! While I'm on a roll, I'm going to ask out my hot neighbour this week… what could possibly go wrong!? 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

Hope it goes great!

Being a student again can be ace!

:O)

IGMC…

Kit
    Free Member

lol!

I was thinking about putting up a KnightRider picture at home, as well as:

and

(slightly obscure reference to my full name)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Today, I am a happy chappy :-)’ is closed to new replies.