Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Today, a helmet would have saved me a trip to A&E.
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

No, really it would, 100% and i couldn’t resist the title.

Riding back from visiting my mum along the canal path, could not have been more of a pootle, when some local youth decide it would be a right laugh to chuck something off of the canal bridge as I’m approaching. Whatever it was hit me towards the front of my skull causing a fairly instant gusher of a wound.

Just back from A&E where I got an inch and a half square of my hair trimmed, the wound cleaned up and glued. Fortunately there’s been no other symptoms so they let me come home.

Aside from the youth who were clearly little shits of the highest order, everyone else was brilliant, sat with me until help arrived, sorting out makeshift dressings and generally just being thoroughly decent.

Alpha1653

Ouch! Sending healing vibes! Little a scrote bags… 👿

teethgrinder

Nasty gash?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’m assuming that you didn’t drown them in the canal?

Tempting, I bet.

Healing vibes from me too, muppetdude.

v8ninety

[TJ]YOU CAN’T POSSIBLY KNOW THAT! could be that if you’d have had a helmet on, the impact would have redirected its energy through your entire body, throwing you bodily into the cut, where you’d have DROWNED! Maybe [/TJ]

In seriousness; shit thing to happen OP, glad you’re not more seriously hurt. Any chance the scrotes got caught?

jekkyl

Little bastards

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m assuming that you didn’t drown them in the canal?

Any chance the scrotes got caught?

No chance, of catching them, I didn’t know the extent of the injury other than I suddenly had a load of blood on my face and anybody that i saw had a look of horror about them so going after them wasn’t my first thought. But also I couldn’t even describe them. I could tell they were probably early teens by their build but they had the late afternoon sun behind them so were basically silhouettes.

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Holy s… No one deserves that unless they are the so called people committing acts like that.

Tbf though at least you can produce a well thought thread title so not brain dead like some posters. Lol

mrsfry
    Free Member

Good job you went heavy on the hair gel today. Are we going to see pictures and daily updates as you pick your scabs off 🙂

PS

I say we form a vigilante group and tar every youth within a 10 mile radius.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Good job you went heavy on the hair gel today. Are we going to see pictures and daily updates as you pick your scabs off

The nurse did go a bit berserk with the superglue resulting in a semi permanent Betty Boop style curl glued to my forehead. I may be revisiting last weeks “What Hat?” thread for a quick cover up remedy.

Sorry no pics, I’m a shy and sensitive soul 😳

Drac

No rotational forces?

steezysix
    Free Member

You’re lucky you weren’t thrown head first into your disc brakes and sliced to pieces! Healing vibes, hopefully karma will take care of the scrotes…

BruceWee

Of course maybe they only did it cause they reckoned you’d be fine cause you were wearing a helmet. Risk compensation, innit 😉

Seriously though, karma will hopefully get the little shits before too long and I hope you feel better soon.

mattyfez

Get well soon, what scrotes 🙁

What area out of interest?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What area out of interest?

West Drayton (suburbs, west of London).

Feeling a bit sore this morning. No noticeable swelling and the wound area looks ok so all good I guess.

Just trying to decide whether to bother reporting this to the police. I can’t provide any sort of meaningful description and there’s a near zero chance of anyone getting caught. On the one side i think it at least needs to be added to crime figures but on the other I don’t really fancy the hassle of filing the report right now.

wwaswas

I’d file it – you’re unlikely to be the first (or last) and the more info the police have the more likely they are to monitor certain areas. Most forces have online reporting tools now, I believe?

Oh, and hope you heal soon and it’s not too sore in the meantime.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Online filing of the report seemed like a good shout but i just checked and the met only allow theft, hate crime and criminal damage to be reported online. So it looks like it would need to be a walk up to the local station.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Report it, you never know, the scrote bags might be well known to the police, and someone else might have reported ‘x’ early teens loitering/smoking drugs/abusing passers by in the area which might not on it’s own be enough to warrant their collars being felt. But your story would be enough to prompt some action, even if it would rely on them admitting it to get any sort of conviction.

epicyclo

Report it, it might be a bigger rock next time.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Definitely should have reported it. If its London surely there will have been CCTV not far away?

What if you had been wearing a helmet, the rock hitting your already weighted head (those helmets are not light) could have knocked you in to the canal, and then in turn the weighty helmet could have dragged you to the bottom of the canal… or something.

tthew

Online filing of the report seemed like a good shout but i just checked and the met only allow theft, hate crime and criminal damage to be reported online. So it looks like it would need to be a walk up to the local station.

Definitely report it, might be the first instance of a new ‘sport’ which will want nipping in the bud ASAP.

I’ve reported stuff over the phone on the non-emergency number before, (101 IIRC)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’ll pop out after lunch to file a report.

I was talking to the police on the phone about 30 minutes after it happened but they said they’d not be able to attend for at least another 60 minutes (ambulance was also estimated to be another 40 minutes) so i gave up on both of them and phoned a friend to pick up the bike and drop me at A&E instead.

tthew

40 mins wait for an ambulance after a head injury??!! I’d be reporting that to someone as well.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Filed the police report, a smidge under 3 hours from start to finish. The actual process probably only took about an hour but getting hold of the right people to do the right bits was a real faff.

alpin
    Free Member

yay for the yuff…

i’m begining to think the best course of action is to sterilise the entire population…. other than maybe some remote hunter-gatherer tribes.

hope it heals quick, OP.

joat

Heal well an’ all that, but if you’d been wearing a helmet, the yoof would’ve shown you some respec innit.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

West Drayton (suburbs, west of London).

Get out of West Drayton – it’s a crap! Come over to South East London.

jamj1974

Hope you heal quickly OP.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Get out of West Drayton – it’s a crap! Come over to South East London.

I was just passing through. I live a bit further out. Good and bad everywhere though. Despite the local youth being little bastards, the local adults couldn’t have been more helpful. Someone even appeared out of nowhere with a proper sterile wound dressing.

Hope you heal quickly OP.

Seems to be doing ok so far, there really is plenty of glue on the wound and it all seems stable enough. So long as there’s no infection then it should all be fine. Funnily enough the wound itself doesn’t really hurt it’s mostly just the glue that feels weird.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Today, a helmet would have saved me a trip to A&E.’ is closed to new replies.