Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Today
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Sucked bigtime, I’ve been used to for the last few weeks dry dusty weather accompanied by short sleeve jersey and no arm/leg warmers

Today bought Back winter memories, not good! It had forecast heavy rain pretty much all day or on and off at least in the peak district, still I thought it can’t be any worse than winter was, jeez how wrong was I!

It was one of the most soul destroying 20 mile mtb ride I’ve done to date, first hour was fine got a few drops of rain and it was relatively dry trails considering, luckily I did all the best bits in the first hour or so, the second hour was an absolute horror show, the rain was amazingly heavy, fog kicked in, wind was astounding and I got soaked to the bone, hands were numb and soaked, and to top it my garmin said it was 3.3 degrees 🙁

It was as cold and as wet as any of the worst winter rides I’ve ever done…

How on earth can it go from 21degrees last Monday to 3.3 degrees 🙁

Still cant complain to much really at least I got out, but I can’t help feeling a bit robbed, I had all day to play and planned on a big 40 miler, but couldn’t carry on and cut it short to 20

Anyone else get out in the lovely winter weather today?

jam-bo

Dry your eyes princess….

jekkyl

Nope sat inside watching massive hailstones turn to bright sunshine within 5 minutes

buck53

Did jobs this morning whilst the rain hammered down outside, had a blast round the new trails in Clayton Vale this afternoon as the Sun best down. Job’s a goodun. 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Today’ is closed to new replies.