Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • today…
  • warton
    Free Member

115 miles on the road, great ride marred by one thing though

4 of us out, going along a long, slightly downhill, straight road. My mate tells me we were doing just under 30. we were two abreast, very compact though, certainly no bigger than a small car. Audi A4 overtakes, nothing coming the other way, he drives super close to us, and his passenger launches a bottle out the window at us. It missed thankfully. I just don’t think idiots like that know the carnage that would cause if it connected at that speed. lunacy.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I don’t think people know that cycling side by side is allowed

project
    Free Member

He wasnt towing a boat was he.

xcstu
    Free Member

Throwing anything out of a car at cyclist = kn@b! regardless of 2 abreast or not!

warton
    Free Member

project, fortunately no! Lets not even go there!

It just annoys me so much that sometimes we are treated as real second class citizens, for no reason at all.

16stonepig
    Free Member

You do all wear that funny pink lycra…

project
    Free Member

Should have taken his number and the bottle as evidence.

unless the muppets are reported they will carry on, with their stupid fun, or what they see as fun.

grum
    Free Member

Not that I would have ever thought of throwing a bottle at someone…..

But before I ‘became a cyclist’ road cyclists used to piss me off quite a lot. I can now understand the reasons for riding two abreast to stop people overtaking dangerously in some cases – but if you didn’t know that you’d imagine they were always just being inconsiderate.

(I have also had a group of roadies all swear and make rude gestures at me, because I beeped my horn before going round a completely blind bend (to make people aware of my presence) – they were round the corner and decided I was beeping at them and got very cross.)

Generally if I’m riding two abreast and a car comes up behind I will go back to single file – generally in a car if someone wants to overtake me I’ll pull over where convenient too. It’s just common courtesy surely.

warton
    Free Member

he was caning it project, couldn’t get his number.

Generally if I’m riding two abreast and a car comes up behind I will go back to single file – generally in a car if someone wants to overtake me I’ll pull over where convenient too. It’s just common courtesy surely.

totally agree, and we do this all the time, but when the cars doing daft speeds you don’t really get a chance too.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I just don’t think idiots like that know the carnage that would cause if it connected at that speed.

yes they do, they just justify their actions based on some arbitary objection to your chosen activity

lunacy.

they probably would say “funny”

grum
    Free Member

totally agree, and we do this all the time, but when the cars doing daft speeds you don’t really get a chance too.

No fair enough, these people were clearly just ****heads!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘today…’ is closed to new replies.