Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ToB stage 3 ITT *SPOILERS*
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Looked a bit hairy out there. Thought Wiggins was off the pace seeing him mince about on the bends, and the prep for Florence being for a longer TT, but a great time there. Curious to see he rode the race with a water bottle on the frame. Must be some advantage what with marginal gains, or maybe a setup test for the worlds?

crazy-legs

A lot of those aero TT frames are actually designed to work better with a water bottle. Some, like Cervelo & Specialized actually design in aero water bottles that effectively block off part of the frame making it more aero – they’re allowed in triathlon but not UCI legal.

Some big time gaps in this, surprising for such a short course.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I think i read a while back that a bottle on the down tube can make the bike more aero, but on the seat tube less aero. Bizarre!

Yes, 30 seconds on a 10 mile TT, big gap. Nice to see them doing a 10 though given that’s what most of us ride in the UK.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Job done. Looked like he wanted it, too. Nice to see.

simmy
    Free Member

Just got back from watching, Wiggo obviously went fastest and looked fastest on the circuit.

I know what I mean 8) but, even 2 minutes in from the side of the Road, you could tell he was going for it.

AlexSimon

seeing him mince about on the bends

To be fair, I didn’t see anyone get around confidently.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

any spoilers spoilt by BBC news 😉

mudsux
    Free Member

Curious to see he rode the race with a water bottle on the frame

I read somewhere – its always more aero to have a water bottle in the cage.

steve_b77
    Free Member

A fiar few of the others did too, Qunitana, Stannard to name but 2.

Wiggo didn’t go too fast round the bend off Knowsley Lane, but my word he accelerated quickly on the straight afterwards.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Wiggo needs a lesson from Stannard on how to get around wet twisty bits!

Edit: wonder if this starts a trend for having a water bottle on the local 10’s?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ToB stage 3 ITT *SPOILERS*’ is closed to new replies.