Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • to users of Titec j bars, a question
  • rOcKeTdOg

how much room is there for grips, brake levers and a shifter pod?

pics of your set up would be doubly useful

rOcKeTdOg

bump for the late morning crew

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Much better suited to ss use as there’s not much room for brakes and shifters … I believe the loop bars are better for geared use. SSS will tell you 😉

Martin.B
    Free Member

Jones J Bars are great, loving mine
    Just started using these after years on risers
    Feels very natural and I got used to it very quick

Grips not a problem…. Brakes – sit a bit higher
    Shifters – dont know as I dont have as running SS

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Set up from a while back, now have alfine shifter fitted and its very tight.

99percentchimp
    Free Member

RD – been fiddling with this conundrum for a bit (as well as lengthening hoses to get bivvy gear strapped on un-impeded). Will post up some pictures later. Running Avids and XTR shifters – the latter can slide to give some 15mm of play in final position of shift levers which helps. Still a work in progress too.

99percentchimp
    Free Member

RD – a shot to show you can squeeze it all on there… like I said still fiddling with hoses and will get grips on there in the next day or so. Everything mounted forward of the main bar allowing one finger braking and enough room underneath for the shifters to be operated. HTH.

Titec H Bars 3 by 99percentchimp, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

cheers, not sure there’s enough room for me there, got some flat carnegies on the way to try first

cozz
    Free Member

There isn’t much space at all i tried and ended up using dual control shifters on mine which i really like. But I know some people hate them

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘to users of Titec j bars, a question’ is closed to new replies.