Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • To tuck or not to tuck, that is the question.
  • flossie
    Free Member

I 45yrs old and a slim build. 32″ waste with no ‘middle age spread’.
    Should I tuck my shirt into my jeans or not?
    I’d like to tuck in, as it emphasises that unlike most of my peers, I’m not a fat knacker.
    Is it terribly unfashionable to tuck in and will it make me look more ‘Dadish’?

Thanks in advance
    Floss

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who are you trying to impress, your mum?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’m a tucker. Though i’m not a fat knacker, i’m not as slim as you, and quite a stocky build so having my shirt hanging out just doesn’t look right. I could be wrong as i’ve never been a fashion victim, but I think it is the current fashion to tuck in, especially if you’re slim.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Jeans and shirt….

Tucking is the least of your problems.

lunge

Tucked in is fine, in fact I would say untucked is simply unacceptable. Shirt and jeans are fine too, just make sure it is a casual shirt not one you’d normally wear with a suit and that you wear shoes not trainers.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Tucked in is fine, in fact I would say untucked is simply unacceptable. Shirt and jeans are fine too, just make sure it is a casual shirt not one you’d normally wear with a suit and that you wear shoes not trainers.

Clarkson.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Depends on how high the waist is on your trousers, and how long your legs are. Get it wrong and you’ll look look like a large pair of scissors. Or worse, Clarkson.

slackalice
    Free Member

There’s a lovely quote from someone I can’t recall:

When I was in my 20’s, I worried about what everyone thought about me.
    When I was in my 40’s, I no longer cared what anyone was thinking about me.
    Now I’m in my 60’s, I realise that they weren’t thinking about me at all.

🙂

Untuck, FWIW 8)

CountZero

Why exactly are you asking people on here? Dress to suit yourself. I’m wearing jeans, a tee shirt, untucked, plain grey hoody, without any spurious logos, (that goes for the jeans, too), and when I go out to the pub in a bit I’ll be wearing a plain black pair of Vans skate shoes with a 1990’s CWU-45C flying jacket over the top of the hoody.
    I’m 59, and I really couldn’t give a shit what the fashion Stasi think; I grew out of that way of thinking a long time ago.
    FWIW, however, if I was going somewhere smart, I’d be wearing a proper shirt, tucked in.

edhornby

Depends on the shirt… If its a full formal tail then tuck, a flat end then untuck

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ilk2NfOyw[/video]

ads678

I’m proper dapper me*, if Your wearing a nice pair of shoes tuck. If more casual pumps and less formal shirt leave it hanging.

* 😉

robidoo
    Free Member

Lol @ Jamie

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Tuck but buy a really lovely belt and have trousers that fit.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘To tuck or not to tuck, that is the question.’ is closed to new replies.