Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • To those coming down to the Qs 21st march(pics).
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Tried another route today with John and Charlie. I think todays is the one Im going to do as its fairly sheltered from the wind and has a nice mix of downy-upness with cracking views,water splashes,single track,double track and a bit of walking. Hopefully Charlie will post the route stats later(hint hint) Comments ?

click the above pic for more pics.

cinnamon_girl

Good pics! Which group are you leading? Will there be a wuss group?

Fingers crossed that weather stays dry.

Am really looking forward to this and meeting you all. Thanks for organising everyone.

aleigh
    Free Member

You know there’s going to be a wuss group if I’m going 😆

knottie8
    Free Member

Im reluctant to call it the wuss group ……but yes that one. There is an option to do the”chimney” loop afterwards.

aleigh
    Free Member

Shall we call ourselves the ‘pace setters’? 😉

charlierevell
    Free Member

Route Map…

Summary Data
    Total Time (h:m:s) 2:59:10 12:56 pace
    Moving Time (h:m:s) 2:01:58 8:48 pace
    Distance (mi ) 13.84
    Moving Speed (mph) 6.8 avg. 31.8 max.
    Elevation Gain (ft) +1,935 / -1,937

Temperature (°F) 51.5°F avg. 51.8°F high
    Wind Speed ( mph) W 14.8 avg. W 17.2 max.

MrNutt
    Free Member

don’t set that pace too slow though aleigh, you know about the Sedgemoor Beast & its mate?

charlierevell
    Free Member

url=http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/user/www.charlierevell]My page for both rides… [/url]

knottie8
    Free Member

cheers charlie …shame it shows our detour to the gub wagon.lol nice rolls too.

aleigh
    Free Member

[idon’t set that pace too slow though aleigh, you know about the Sedgemoor Beast & its mate?[/i]

No……. I’m scared 😯 (better get a bit faster me thinks!)

knottie8
    Free Member

does that route look ok from the stats ? There is another 3.5-4 miles to add for the chimney loop most of which are flatish or downhill.

cinnamon_girl

At the January Swinley Forest Forum Ride, we had a Sick, Lame, Lazy & Marin Riders Group!!

I’m up for The Chimney … but if it’s at the end of the ride it may well be dark 😯

charlierevell
    Free Member

I reckon the Chimney loop is a must, would make it about 18-20 miles total i guess…. I think its worth a trip down weacombe too.
    Need to do some sawing first tho!

knottie8
    Free Member

weacombe would add another BIG hill so I’ll give it a miss and do Triscombe after a short stop at the carpark. That should take us upto Sharki’s finish time.

scraprider
    Free Member

nice one , cant wait to see you all , defo up for the chimney loop, hope the weather holds . see you all next weekend.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Charlie

Weacombe is clear , shame it does not “flow” for me at the mo

Knottie

Who is the duty lifeguard??????????????? 🙄

ART

Ah think that was you – Knottie et al – at the bottom of Holford as we were coming through the gate this am. Nice day if a tad windy on the top!

sharki
    Free Member

MrNutt, i’m am the sedgemoor beast but alas i have no mate
    🙁

Knottie, 3hr loop, and after lunch what then???????

triscombe loop will add only 45mins at a very slow pace so will still be more than light enough for you CG, so fear not you will get your chance to tackle the chimney again..

knottie8
    Free Member

im sorry Andy but you’ll have to bring your own life jacket and waterproof pants.

crispybacon
    Free Member

‘err one question Knottie if your group is called the Wuss Group I mean ‘Pace setters’ then what’s Sharki’s tribe called?

Only I may have to change allegiance if it’s anything relating to speed & full on downhilling 😕

sharki
    Free Member

crispy bacon, my lot will be called ‘they’re doomed!’

knottie8
    Free Member

Sharki is a great guide and is so much fitter than me . His group will do more miles and take in more combes,climbs etc.

sharki
    Free Member

will we?

I’m gonna take them downhilling for the first hr, then the next hr uphilling,then an hr at the burger van….and hr riding on flat grassy trails, then the race for cake finale, beacon hill trig to the car park, first one there gets the cake!

crispybacon
    Free Member

Downhilling = 1hr
    Uphilling = 1hr
    eating = 1hr
    Flat grassy = 1hr
    Then a race to Beacon hill trig point?

Flaming heck that’s 3hrs riding followed by a sprint finish 😕

What time does Knotties group start again?

cinnamon_girl

sharki – downhilling? Yep, I’m in but no uphills 🙄

sharki
    Free Member

Hold on that’s perfect preparation….1hrs of eating followed by an hr of effortless riding whilst processing greasy sarnies..

However the slight flaw in that plan is the location of the grub wagon in relation to Beacon hill…….errr straight up ndog pound and stay climbing for 50mins…

charlierevell
    Free Member

You mean the 2 trees have been cut down Salad? Saves me doing it tomo!
    Im going to try and ride my loop tomo, depends if we need a 3rd group or not yet, best have a lap sorted tho!

knottie8
    Free Member

No uphills ? On the Qs , now that funny. did you view the Wuss D’oh I mean my route on google earth ?

sharki
    Free Member

yeah me and fuzz did it a few fridays ago, there’s still a scraggy loada branches near the bottom that push you off line to the right that need brutalising…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

(Pokes head round door. Sees everyone having fun, and getting excited about next weekend’s ride. Realises that gammy claw will probbly mean no riding for RudeBoy for a little while. Meaning RudeBoy will be all alone, while everyone is out enjoying themselves. Cries)

cinnamon_girl

Aw, poor RudeBoy! Healing vibes winging their way from C-G 😀

Just a thought – whilst you lot are stuffing your faces with grub, I could have a second go at The Chimney 8)

… and ride it this time!

knottie8
    Free Member

sounds like a lot of eating likely to take place ! I will take your pic riding the chimney to prove you survived it . So dont forget to smile .

cinnamon_girl

knottie8 – sorry, am just talking bollox! The one and only time I went down The Chimney, I wussed my way down and discovered at the bottom that my rear wheel had popped out of the dropout 😯

Good job I didn’t ride it properly 😉

Oh, and don’t like my pic being taken either!

Girlie mtb’er from hell, that’s me!!!

knottie8
    Free Member

that told me !

cinnamon_girl

Am sure you could arrange a Somerset ASBO for me!!!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Stert looks surprisingly dry, I might give that a go tomorrow, whats it like further back up near the top where it usually gets muddy?

sharki
    Free Member

the top section was running really well last sunday, the few boggy patches were dry enough to carry speed through, the whole trail was running perfectly and with the added bonus of a trimmed verge it’s the best i’ve seen it for years!

Dibbs are you free for the oldfarts ride next week? at the mo monday is the chosen day but we’d be happy to rearrange so we can get more riders there for him….

soma_rich
    Free Member

I should be there on my big blue bike. Will be going slow me thinks.

cinnamon_girl

Yeah – will be good to see you soma_rich 😀

Another SSD … that makes er 3 of us 😯

sharki
    Free Member

Rich good to hear you’ve sorted things out to get free for the day..

And a few final points to mention…

I really have no idea where most of you lot are coming from…

No idea who is coming who hasn’t contacted me…

and haven’t the foggiest how they’re going to know where to meet…

Whether they want to stay in the bunkhouse….

how much bacon and eggs and bread to bring……

If they’re even aware that knottie used to race and is taking the wuss group on a 1500m 22mile endurance mission on some of the most intensly testing ascents on the hills.

But one thing i do know….it’s windy up there, the sun is forcast for the next 6 days and with no rain at night the trails will be driftastic for next saturday and i’m gonna love it!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘To those coming down to the Qs 21st march(pics).’ is closed to new replies.