Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • To the scaffolder that hit my car at Cwm Carn and drove off
  • guido

Two bits of advice- dont hit a car in front of lots of people and then drive off. Secondly dont do it in a truck with the companys name written down the side.

Police are investigating the 'failure to stop'

Kuco

Sorry to hear, but LOL he doesn't sound to sharp 😉

juiced
    Free Member

classic. Get 'him'

guido

Well the police seem to be doing something-they called me twice alredy. Found the companies website as well. Left them a nice message…

RichPenny
    Free Member

Do your worst!

Sandwich

Unless he's the boss someone will need a new job by tomorrow morning! Wouldn't advise bombers though as a standard tube is 28kg, you'll come off worst.

pcb
    Free Member

What a tit!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I hope you have contact numbers for some witnesses as I had a similar thing happen in B&Q and the insurance company needed loads of details to varify the claim.

Good to see the police taking an active roll. Was it your local police or Cwmcarn police you called?

will
    Free Member

😆 good on you! Hope it gets resolved

stumpy01

yeah……my ding that I mentioned on here in July when it happened still hasn't been resolved as the woman claimed I hit her, not the other way round and as I thought she was gonna drive off, I followed her rather than getting some witness details.

No witnesses = big problems. Hope you have some witness details.

guido

Yes got two peoples names, addresses etc (the police have already called them) and the guy driving the uplift saw it as well.
    I was livid so i chucked bike in back and drove to Risca Police station.

I used to have the attitude that if someone was riding at an MTB center then they would be cool.

ballachul
    Free Member

All the best Guido. Go get 'em.

MrSmith
    Free Member

in the building trade scaffolders are known as the hardest, nobody messes with them even the hod carriers are scared of them. maybe it was for the best they drove off and this gets sorted without meeting them face to face.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

ah man that really sucks. hope it all works out well!

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Hmm, reputations and preconceptions, by the law of averages 65% will be batting for the other side or slightly limp wristed!!

martinxyz
    Free Member

youd be limp wristed too..beating hell out of folk every other day with a tube of scaffolding.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

all the scaffolders around my home village are the people who used to tease me at school and were all going to be professional footballers and marry page 3 girls.

i like to have a wee chuckle to myself when i see them

i wouldn't pick a fight with them though 🙁

and on a similar note to the OP, a bloke in a transit decided to wave his winky at mrsmw at some traffic lights. The van had the plumbing companies name down the side and a private plate.

He's now on the sex offenders register 🙂

Kramer
    Free Member

and on a similar note to the OP, a bloke in a transit decided to wave his winky at mrsmw at some traffic lights. The van had the plumbing companies name down the side and a private plate.

He's now on the sex offenders register

I know of someone who did exactly the same thing. Was it down in Cornwall?

carlphillips
    Free Member

all the scaffolders around my home village are the people who used to tease me at school and were all going to be professional footballers and marry page 3 girls.

i like to have a wee chuckle to myself when i see them

smug git. what is so wrong with being a scaffolder that you laugh when you see them? plenty around my way do very well for themselves. still a bit bitter about the bigger boys making fun of you?

samuri
    Free Member

smug git. what is so wrong with being a scaffolder that you laugh when you see them? plenty around my way do very well for themselves. still a bit bitter about the bigger boys making fun of you?

well I don't know about him but I know seeing all the lads who made my life a living hell at school by constantly bullying me, all stood around the dole office or propping up a crappy bar desperately trying to get change together for another pint gives me a cheery smile, every time.

hopster
    Free Member

Sorry to hear your car was damaged mate. Reminds me of the time I watch a scaffolding lorry drive down a road that was way to narrow by Bristol Uni and the driver damaged cars on both sides of the road then just drove off. He knew exactly what he as doing as he actually speeded up when he approached the narrow gap. Sadly for him there were about 10 witnesses but I don't think he gave a stuff.

I know a few scaffolders who were lovely blokes and one I used to meet out on the trails but they were very big and I wouldn't mess with them.

tops5
    Free Member

Speaking as a construction project manager, I can confirm that scaffolders are definitley not to be messed with!

Without doubt the hardest trade on site and usually the most short tempered.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘To the scaffolder that hit my car at Cwm Carn and drove off’ is closed to new replies.