Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • To the Orient – Must see/do things in Shanghai/HK/Singapore if you please…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have a bit of a road trip coming up sometime over the next month or two. As such, I’ll be taking in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore. With the delights of business travel, I won’t have a great deal of time to myself, but assuming you had a few hours to spend in either of those, what are the “must see” and/or “must do” things?

Haven’t been to HK since the handover, so really looking forward to seeing how much it’s changed! Otherwise, would be good to know what people recommend!*

Thanks in advance.

*So I can make my travel/hotel bookings with a bit of selfishness in mind….!

scuttler

HK – hop on a bus and go over to Stanley for the day to wind down. Impossible to believe it’s on the same piece of land as is around the harbour!! Pick up some bargains at Stanley market too.

noteeth
    Free Member

Haven’t been to HK since the handover

It’s been a while, eh?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

there is (or at least was) a sex museum in shanghai, in a tunnel under the river…

however it was pretty mediocre.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 @ noteeth!

Thanks, Scuttler.

Any more sensible suggestions?

Pigface
    Free Member

Play an “interesting” game of ping pong.

tang
    Free Member

I rode with a guy in singapore who had an amazing collection of retro beauties(he was servicing the hire bikes in the hotel we stayed in), i’ve lost his details now. bit grumpy but happy to lend you a bike. i borrowed one of those early manitou full sussers, not off road but along the seafront on marine drive. if i find them ill let you know! little india for some food and you can always lose yourself in the electronics mega malls and haggle for goods.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Night zoo in Singapore is pretty good.

HTTP404
    Free Member

In HKg
    – see the Big Budha
    – Night markets (Mongkok and Yau Ma Tei)
    – Stanley Market (bus from Admiralty)
    – Take the Ferry from Tsim Sha Tsui
    – Go up to the Peak
    – Go to the Jumbo restaurant in Aberdeen
    – Flying Ball Bicycle shop for bling bling

crankboy
    Free Member

I second the night zoo in Singapore and the Hotel Scarlet, if you need somewhere to stay nice roof top bar and excellent food.

withersea
    Free Member

third recommendation for the zoo, day or night

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In HKg
    – Flying Ball Bicycle shop for bling bling

Noted…!

Thanks all, keep ’em coming!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘To the Orient – Must see/do things in Shanghai/HK/Singapore if you please…..’ is closed to new replies.