Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • To the family who think its OK to use a cafe as a creche at Antur
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

we had been nearly knocked off our chairs by one of them

😀 a child in a café 😀

singlespeedstu

Where is the dividing line?

Bikini elastic. 😯

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I glared at the mother and did say shut up to the kids,

Bless. Brave Little soldier.

ctk
    Free Member

At the playground:

“Ronnie, Reggie time to go”

IKYN

scaredypants

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Also, it’s ‘crèche’.
    Oh, and café, obviously

chapeau, flash

RustySpanner

Well, it’s Squadron Commander the Lord Flashheart, or just Lord Flashheart if we’re being pedantic.

I’m sure he’ll appreciate being corrected every time he posts.
    🙂

RustySpanner

Woof!

zanelad
    Free Member

We have one young mum and 2 kids that come into our shop.
    When they arrive it’s drop everything and follow the little girl around the shop making a note of everything she is stealing and then casually mentioning to mum that her daughter might have some bits.
    The little girl gets told off but it’s one of those telling offs that she gets every 5 minutes that have no worth at all.
    They then get into their Bentley convertible and are off. We have noted with despair that she is with child again.

Why not tell them that they’re not welcome in your shop.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m sure he’ll appreciate being corrected every time he posts.

😆

Kryton57

Meanwhile, thousands in Florida will be homeless and some will be dead by the time we wake up tomorrow.

Perspective.

olly2097
    Free Member

Not much to ruin really. The food ain’t all that. It’s not crap but it ain’t brilliant.

rudedog
    Free Member

what a load of nonsense, who actually cares?

gnusmas

Had you considered they might not have been allowed pudding?

A flapjack and some smarties might have seen them right

superstu
    Free Member

what a load of nonsense, who actually cares?

+100

I see more poorly behaved adults than children.

If they’re being terrible have a polite word with the parents.

Meanwhile, thousands in Florida will be homeless and some will be dead by the time we wake up tomorrow.

Perspective.

Well said.

darrell
    Free Member

this places sounds like bl00dy Mumsnet

OP – your total lack of empathy suggests you dont have kids

cut the parents some slack – this is how kids are

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, what about them?

It’s not how my kids are. Sure all kids make noise and like to run around, but the OP is describing kids who aren’t being controlled at all – plenty of places for kids to run around and shout other than in a cafe.

daern
    Free Member

Sadly these are the norm now.

No, it’s certainly not. My kids are 8 and 10 (I really should have come up with more imaginative names) and are certainly not perfectly behaved all of the time, but damn it, they know what good behaviour is and they can pull it out when needed. In a cafe like this, with other people out enjoying themselves, they will be on “best behaviour” and be expected to stay sat down while eating, after which they will probably go outside to burn off their energy where they can’t bother other people. If they have one fault, it’s that they love to meet people and chat with them, so sometimes they need to be told to leave people in peace to eat their lunch, but I try to let them interact when they can as it develops good social skills.

cut the parents some slack – this is how kids are

Some kids are certainly harder to manage than others (I coach kids here for my local club and have seen a good spread of behaviours!) but they should all understand what is expected of them and what “good behaviour” looks like. They won’t always do it (hey, they are kids after all), but I’d expect them to fall back into line with little more than a word from the parents, or have some form of intervention made to explain to them why their behaviour is unacceptable.

I’ve had my own kids for a fair few years and not once have I been told off by another adult for their behaviour and, frankly, I think I’d be mortified if I was!

mt
    Free Member

cut the kids some slack – this is how crap parents are.

A small correction.

I don’t trust kids, there all a conspiracy. They are here to replace you.

daern
    Free Member

I don’t trust kids, there all a conspiracy. They are here to replace you.

They want your possessions and, damn it, they’ll put you in a home to get them!

nwmlarge
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    We have one young mum and 2 kids that come into our shop.
    When they arrive it’s drop everything and follow the little girl around the shop making a note of everything she is stealing and then casually mentioning to mum that her daughter might have some bits.
    The little girl gets told off but it’s one of those telling offs that she gets every 5 minutes that have no worth at all.
    They then get into their Bentley convertible and are off. We have noted with despair that she is with child again.

Have you checked to see what the mum was pocketing while you chase the little one?

wilburt
    Free Member

I find a deep growl and a menacing look often works.

Its difficult to see when you’re in the midst of parenthood and little Johnny is the light of you’re life, which is great(I know)for you but to others he may just be a source of noise and disturbance.

They can be like the dogs that jump up at strangers, “he’s only being friendly” says the parent owner.

legend
    Free Member

Shirley lunch at an uplift = obtain food > ram down throat > get on next available uplift? Barely enoughtime to write a strongly worded letter/post

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘To the family who think its OK to use a cafe as a creche at Antur’ is closed to new replies.