Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • To the bloke in Hanchurch car park who'd forgotten his wheels…..
  • iDave
    Free Member

…..thanks for not forgetting your pump, like I had

Swelper
    Free Member

I can sympathise.

One year at sleepless forgot my lights, sleeping bag and inflatable bed. Thanks to M&S bedding sorted (double duvet and pillows), Blacks and the great guys from Exposure.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve driven 40 miles to the start of a ride only to realise I’d forgotten my shoes. Didn’t fancy trying to ride round a red-route with M520’s and normal shoes so went home.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

epicsteve I sympathise! That’s why there’s almost always a spare pare of flats and a spare helmet in the back of my car, just in case…..! 😉

uplink
    Free Member

As above, I have old spare shoes and helmet permanently in my car

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

uplink, I’ve found that spare pedals (Flats) are better, as anyone can use them, regardless of cleats etc. Most folks come on a ride trip in shoes they could probably ride in. Trainers, walking shoes etc. Has saved many a weekend!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

CFH – you’re just one of life’s givers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Better than being a “receiver”, Darcy….. 😈

😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nah, y’know, your generosity and consideration of those less fortunate or more absent minded than yourself is without limit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Once turned up to do the high street with no chain on my bike 😳 AND 🙄

Bregante

I got lost first time I went to Gisburn on my own. I had to be in work mid afternoon so after an hours frantic driving round I gave up and diverted to lee quarry on the way back to Manchester. Got to lee, pulled the bike out…..

No shoes. Waste of a morning

Ambrose

Turned up to go ice climbing- no crampons.
    Likewise a 10 hour caving trip- no battery!

Idiot.

portlyone

Mate of mine drove us out to Macclesfield forest to find he’d brought his roadie cleats… spare pair of flats in the car now.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I remembered everything this morning – bike, helmet, shoes, track pump, water, gloves, money, shock pump, etc, all got loaded into the car. Unfortunately for the first time ever my car’s immobiliser decided to play up and the car wouldn’t budge. It’s all still loaded in the car – I was sooo pissed off, I couldn’t be arsed to unload it.

AlasdairMc

Forgot shorts one day, cue a panicked trip to Tesco and £2.50 later I was the proud owner of some baggies that solved the problem. A friend forgot his helmet going to Innerleithen, so we sessioned some DH trails with him wearing a beanie for protection.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

It’s all still loaded in the car

Heads out for a walk around South Croydon looking for a car full of goodies…

Bregante

January last year my brother and a mate did nant yr aran. It was about minus 5 and he forgot his gloves. He rode with a pair of socks on his hands with thumb holes cut in.

When they got back to the car, guess who found his gloves after all? Better still, they were in his backpack so he carried them the whole way round*

*He’s going to kill me when he sees this- he never told his mate he had them all along.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yep, good point, it might be in front garden, but I guess I ought to bring the gear in – I’ll do it now 😐

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I once turned up for a bike ride WITH NO BIKE!!!

Actually it was in an art gallery and cycling wasn’t allowed. Which was just as well really because I think art should be enjoyed at a slower pace than cycling usually runs at.

You can’t enjoy Albrecht Dürer whilst riding around like a nutter, can you?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Here hare here.

Denzildoorknob
    Free Member

Booze! I MUST have some booze!……………

NZCol

Two mutual friends were going on a MTB holiday, met at airport, friend A was supposed to bring the bikes (packed and left at one house).

He forgot.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Went camping with the family in Brecon beacons once. Persuaded the gf to let me have a days riding while there. driving there, with the car full of riding gear (camelbak, spares, helmet etc) I suddenly realised I had forgotten my bike.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Two mutual friends

Are they still friends? 🙂

Sandwich

That’s one unhappy looking hare.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

One of my mates once managed to go get to the river only to find that he’d forgotten his kayak.

binners

Talking of bunny’s, or more specifically Bunnyhop’s… that reminds me of someone who turned up with no front wheel for a ride in the Peaks

I very very nearly forgot my shoes yesterday. Just got that ‘I’m sure there’s something I’ve forgotten’ feeling as I set off. SPD’s and Birkinstocks wouldn’t have been a dream ticket, I imagine

NZCol

I got a call from my wife one Wednesday evening asking if/when i was going night riding. I said that i was a bit busy so probably wouldn;t make it out.
    She then pointed out that i definitely wouldn’t having arrived home to find my front wheel in the middle of the driveway.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s one unhappy looking hare.

But isn’t it beautifully rendered?

It may just be constipated.

binners

I met Chapaking for a ride round Rivi last month. A good run it was too. I set off to drive home and, en route, he kindly phoned me to tell me I’d left my camelbak (stuffed full of the usual gubbins) sat in the car park. D’oh!

One of our lot also set off on a return journey home with his helmet, gloves, shades etc sat on the top of the car

And then there was ‘The Incident’ where I arrived home from a night ride with one less bike on the rack than when i set off. But we don’t like to talk about that 😳

binners

beautifully rendered?

sounds like a particularly good Saturday night out 😀

imnotverygood

[*]i[/*]
    [*] use [/*]
    [*]a [/*]
    [*]checklist[/*]

D0NK

Parked up at the lakes to find no shorts, I had baggie outers but no inners, it was a looooong ride, no way was I doing that without a chammy twixt arse and saddle. Phone workmate to google bike shops near my location, wait for biketreks to open, new inner shorts, sorted. Ride done disaster averted.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Binners also left his rucksack on the train going to Rivi when he swapped at Bolton *snitches* nearly caused a bomb alert had to go back to Bolton from Horwich to pick it up 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What an idiot. It’s people like that what are dragging this nation down country’s gone to the dogs it weren’t like this in my day we had tuppence for milk but we were happy.

binners

Oi! Grass. I’d actually forgotten about that one. I can’t be expected to look after my bike AND my rucksack at the same time. That’s multi-tasking, that is. And I is not a girlie

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘To the bloke in Hanchurch car park who'd forgotten his wheels…..’ is closed to new replies.