Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • To spend on bike or get new
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

I got a Scott Reflex fx 35 18months ago first bike, anyway I am hooked now, I have upgraded brakes to Hope’s, shifters to XTR, cranks to shimano M660 SLX, and tyres to Maxis Advantage, Lizard Skin grips, pedals to DMR 12’S from the spec below what else would you change to make a big change, or would you start again with a new bike like the Specialized Pitch

Weight: 14.5kg.
    Reflex FX frame.
    Scott LCR shock remote control 110 mm travel.
    Rock Shox Dart 2 fork with Lockout 100 mm travel rebound adjustment.
    Ritchey Logic OE integrated headset.
    Shimano LX RD-M581 27-speed rear derailleur.
    Shimano LX FD-M580E E-Type front derailleur.
    Shimano Deore R-fire plus shifters with gear indicator.
    Hayes Sole brakes and levers.
    Shimano FC-M442, black 44x32x22 T crankset.
    Shimano BB-UN-26E73/113mm bb.
    Scott Comp 1 800mm, black handlebar.
    Scott Comp JD-366 stem.
    LU-998-S pedals.
    Scott Team 31.6mm seatpost.
    SCT-10 SL Reflex 07 saddle.
    Scott disc Team front hub.
    Shimano FH-M475-L rear hub.
    Shimano CN-HG53 chain.
    Shimano CS-HG50-9 11-32T cassette.
    DT-Swiss Champion black spokes.
    Alex TD-24 Disc 32H black rims.
    Scott OXYD 26×2.0 27TPI tyres.

takisawa2

A Pitch will be a way different bike to your Reflex. Taller, more relaxed even idle feeling by comparison. Guess it depends what type of riding your enjoying…
    The spec of your Reflex looks ok, but I’d be tempted to drag your new bits off before you sell, especially the Hope & XTR stuff. It wont add much to the s/h value.

rs
    Free Member

Yeah, for sure get a whole new bike if you find something you like and swap the good bits like hope/xtr onto your bike, then put the new bits onto the old bike and sell it whole or just sell the parts, done that a few times.

If you just want to change a few bits, a better fork would probably make quite a difference, haven’t ridden the dart but i think its pretty basic.

flamejob
    Free Member

It is all about the kind of riding you do.

The Pitch is a true freeride lite [waits for the backlash] bike. It will climb for half the day and reward you with the best descending this side of a DH bike. You can huck fairly major drops on it and even stick on a chain guide. See this thread for the Pitch fanclub.

If you’re more into enduro events or all day rides across the moors then stick with the Scott and upgrade.

It’s horses for courses.

chakaping
    Free Member

Depends how much money you have.

If you can afford a whole new bike then go for it (but keep the good bits off that one), although which bike to get is a whole other can of worms!

But if money is tighter, you could continue to upgrade via the classifieds on here – and perhaps end up spending less for a better end product.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I think the pitch is an AgroXC bike, not a Freeride lite!

tsk! tsk! 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘To spend on bike or get new’ is closed to new replies.