Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • To Slow For A Tight Seal – Tubeless
  • homebrewjunkie
    Free Member

Picked up 3 small puntures in my tyre from glass shards. I can see the Stans sealent bubbling out very slowly but no matter what I do the air escaping is to slow for it to seal. If I blow it up it deflates within 20 minutes.

I run all my mountain bikes tubeless and the tyres in good nick so would rather patch it on the inside instead of throwing it out.

So, what do people use to seal the tyre on the inside? Puncture repair patches, glue, wetsuit glue, what works?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Velox tubeless repair kit

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Anchovies.

Tracey

We make patches from the old sidewalls of a thin walled tyre and stick it on with repair glue. The new Stans race formula tend to seal most stuff.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Glitter in your Stan’s

frogstomp

How old is the sealant – maybe the crystals have clumped together into a Stan’s monster?

Superficial
    Free Member

Pump it up and go ride, that seems to slosh enough fluid around to make most things seal.
    If not, then I agree – put fresh Stans fluid in.
    You can repair the inside of tyres, but it’s really labourious. It doesn’t sound as though you’ll need to do that. I have done it with normal inner tube patches (assuming the hole is small enough that ‘herniation’ of the patch out through the hole is not a risk), but you need to make sure the tyre is bone dry.

homebrewjunkie
    Free Member

Stans is about 3 months old. Think I’ll try the patches on the inside. Like the glitter idea but have visions of ripping a side wall when tearing down the hill with big swooshes of glitter spiraling out of the wheel. I’ll get pelters from everyone!

nedrapier

patches work well on the inside of the tyre. Do it like a normal tube repair, clean, rub with sandpaper, rubber solution, let it go tacky, suitable patch.

then go again with your tubeless stuff

7600e
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘To Slow For A Tight Seal – Tubeless’ is closed to new replies.