Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • to prick or not to prick (sausage heavy content)
  • Clobber
    Free Member

That does sound good WNB, put the can in the oven?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I usually just add everything to a big frying pan or similar and let it sit on a low heat, having given the onions and bacon a quick fry together before adding the sausage and cider. Reckon the over would work too.

camo16
    Free Member

put the can in the oven?

Pour the cider over said sausage, onion and bacon mix, surely, and heat in oven?

You’d need to have a pretty small sausage to ram it into a tin hole…

midlifecrashes

Stop it, it’s nearly lunchtime and I’m starving, none in the house either. May have to nip out to:
    http://www.wilkinson-butchers.co.uk/acatalog/Sausages.html

IA

brown Sausages in pan, quarter 2 onions and 2 apples, brown in pan, add chicken stock, cider, couple spoons wholegrain mustard.

Simmer till cooked/reduced.

Boom.

zokes
    Free Member

All this rowlocks about pan / grill…..

Everyone knows the only way to cook sausages is over a camp fire!

zokes
    Free Member

You’d need to have a pretty small sausage to ram it into a tin hole…

I always thought smaller holes were preferred for sausage insertion than wide openings.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i am most definitely not a prick!

camo16
    Free Member

I always thought smaller holes were preferred for sausage insertion than wide openings.

Yeah, but metal chafes. 😳

globalti
    Free Member

The Best Sausage Shop…in the World

And yes, they deliver, luckily for me they are only 40 minutes away

Cowmans? Ugh, no, their skins are far too thick.

Sainsbury’s pork and caramelised red onion for me….. gorgeous.

mogrim

brown Sausages in pan, quarter 2 onions and 2 apples, brown in pan, add chicken stock, cider, couple spoons wholegrain mustard.

Simmer till cooked/reduced.

Boom.

Starving now 🙁

portlyone

My LB, Frost, does a great venison sausage but my favourite has to be the pork & black pudding ones… 8)

The pricking thing goes back to the war and the cheap sausages they used then. Not needed now.

MrOvershoot

Thanks chaps, I’m starving now 🙁

TBH I have tried many ways of cooking sausages and as long as they are good quality it makes only subtle differences to the taste. For me Cumberland is king if I’m pressed, though I do like our local butchers pork & venison with juniper 😀

ononeorange

My greatest concern with this thread is Binners’ use of brown sauce in his picture. Yuck.

Can we have a sub-thread debate on red vs brown sauce?

Sui
    Free Member

no pricking, and don’t do what Germans and Italians do and boil them first – thankfully my missus got a bollocking from the butcher when she told him she did this 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Has anyone stopped to think why they are called ‘bangers’?

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘to prick or not to prick (sausage heavy content)’ is closed to new replies.