Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • To pop or not to pop…….
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

….Blisters. Got a couple of huge blisters on the feet and toes. whats the best remedy

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Depends, are you going to be doing anything that'll cause more/new ones?

If you're going to be mooching around in slippers then pop them and treat them. If you're going to be doing more walking then tape them up.

Personally. Lot's of people do different things.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Don't see the point myself, I just leave them to get better on their own, they do a surprisingly good job of keeping the wound moist and encouraging healing….

marsdenman
    Free Member

they do a surprisingly good job of keeping the wound moist and encouraging healing….

precisely why they form in the first place (well, so they said on the first aid course last week – makes me an expert, doncha know…. :wink:)
    Leave 'em be for best healing…

though I have tended to pop mine in the past…

TN
    Free Member

I did an experiment not so long ago when I found myself with similar blisters on both feet.
    I popped on one foot and left the other to do its own thing.

The popped ones healed better/quicker BUT my feet weren't subjected to any further abuse and I kept them nice and clean etc. (I work from home, so socks and shoes were optional)

It wasn't the result I expected but I was just curious.

backhander
    Free Member

Depends. If you have got more milage to do in the short term, pop them, clean with alcohol wipe and cover with zinc oxide tape. Keep clean with antiseptic cream. If you can relax for a while, leave them alone.

There are altenative methods which hurt very muchly and involve delights such as tinc benz. Just thinking about it brings a tear…

IanMunro
    Free Member

Don't see the point myself, I just leave them to get better on their own, they do a surprisingly good job of keeping the wound moist and encouraging healing….

I think it depends on where they are.
    I've had ones on the soles of my feet and the repeated impact on the sac of fluid has just put pressure on the fluid making the blister spread to a far bigger area than the initial problem area, best to pop those, then protect them imo.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Don't have the option of being off the feet so I've popped them. Off to get some zinc oxide tape. Cheers

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i hope you squirted the contents at someone

a wasted opportunity if you didn't

anokdale
    Free Member

Tinc Benz – Many hours of fun treating blisters with that while working on P Company staff. 😈 👿 😉 Somehow Officer types tended to make more noise. 👿 😈

Talkemada
    Free Member

i hope you squirted the contents at someone

a wasted opportunity if you didn't

I popped one once, and squirted myself in the eye. 😥

backhander
    Free Member

It's a good idea to zink oxide any areas of your feet prone to blisters/rubbing. Try to get the white stuff, not the pink.

anokdale Tink benz day on the commando course was never a quiet affair I can assure you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘To pop or not to pop…….’ is closed to new replies.