Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • To much Roadie Talk.
  • uponthedowns
    Free Member

Have you been on ‘roadie’ forums? God they’re dull. They’re really isn’t anything to say.

The threads about things related to road bikes (I can’t think of any roadie threads) on STW tend to be fun and mostly harmless with a pinch of BS.

Agree. Post on here for advice on road bikes or training you’ll probably get a reasonable, relaxed and helpful response. Post same on bikema9ic and you’ll get a load of sarcastic, inadequate know it alls demanding to know what your targets are and FTP is before they will offer to share their huge wisdom with you and each thread ends with them points scoring off each other and arguing that a 3×5 min interval session is so much better for improving VO2 max than a 5×3 min session.

CountZero

tacopowell – Member
    I posted the thread not because I’m a hater or because I’m the “Thread Police” or because I thought I’d try my hand at Trolling,

Sorry, my bad, I was speed-reading in case I got caught not working and miss-read this bit. Apologies.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

hh45 – Member
    Well I quit my ST sub a few months ago (after 10 yrs) and have just taken out one to Cyclist. Its rather a good read. It wasn’t an intentional swap, I had just got bored of ST then I bought C when bored in a service station and next thing I’ve subscribed.

It’s a cracking read Cyclist. I have got the road one for the past 2 months, easily the best mag out there.

wwaswas

[edit] there’s been some overnight redaction of this thread.

or maybe it’s just search playing up.

Davesport

Mmmm ,Davesport your a prime candidate for a road bike , you wear snug Ron Hills to go for a pint at the Winton.

Ouch…killer punch 😀 Can’t get into the Ron Hills any more. Ar$e has got too big. I’d make a shi*e roadie. I’m far too happy 8)

piemonster

I’m lycrad up to the eyeballs and about to head out on a bike with very VERY skinny tyres.

maccruiskeen

I’m lycrad up to the eyeballs

why stop at the eyeballs?

tacopowell
    Free Member

I’m lycrad up to the eyeballs and about to head out on a bike with very VERY skinny tyres.

It’s sunny and the trails are dry but your going out on the road bike?!

Why so? Crazy fool!

Jase
    Free Member

My club have decided to hold mtb training/skills sessions in preparation for the Tuesday races they will be running in April. Out of 600+ members only 2 have expressed an interest.

I blame Wiggins.

epicyclo

teamhurtmore
    Epicycle, I was out nearly every day in the snow. It’s the thick gloop that just scores your chain/cassettes etc up that I get fed up with.

I wouldn’t take a derailleur through that sort of muck either.

Here’s my solution:

Low geared singlespeed.

piemonster

It’s sunny and the trails are dry but your going out on the road bike?!

Why so? Crazy fool!

Sometimes you just need to go as fast as possible from one place to another. Plus the mtb options are a bit rubbish en route. It’s best done on a cyclocross bike.

And the Lycra makes me look slimmer….possibly

davidjey
    Free Member

cyclocross rocks

+1

fasthaggis

it’s sunny and the trails are dry but your going out on the road bike?!

Why so? Crazy fool!

and still you wonder why people rip it out of ya 🙄

adds smiley to counter act rolling eyes ,just so it doesn’t look like some torrent of abuse 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

Roadies are a weird bunch.

Their propensity towards tarmac, their man-leotards, riding two abreast whilst ignoring the log-jam behind, their sour faces, their curly handlebars, their brakes that don’t always work, the list goes on.

Weird weird weird.

Did I mention their weird big padded bollocks?

molgrips
    Free Member

Here’s my solution:

Not sure how that helps. Derailleurs aren’t the issue ime.

stanfree
    Free Member

Epicycle, I was out nearly every day in the snow. It’s the thick gloop that just scores your chain/cassettes etc up that I get fed up with.

Here’s my solution:

Low geared singlespeed.

Jeez Did you steal Noddies mudguards.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Here’s a picture of a road that used to be part of my local loop.

Don’t tell me it aint nice…don’t tell me you don’t fancy a blast along it… 8)

yodagoat
    Free Member

Maybe on a motorbike, but not on a pushbike. The Yak got a new roadbike that he wanted to show everyone but he got banned again.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Don’t tell me it aint nice…don’t tell me you don’t fancy a blast along it.

Wheres that.?

crazy-legs

Wheres that.?

I’m going to guess at the hills just outside San Francisco – Mount Tamalpais National Park somewhere.
    Watch the Tour of California if you want some stunning roads. 🙂 Easily the match of anything Europe has to offer.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Right now, mountain biking is on the decline and road biking is on the up, give it another 10 years and it will have reversed.

Road bike clubs just seem to be better organised to me, mountain biking is more social, but road is more serious. That’s the way I perceive t anyway.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Not forgetting many roadbike club’s chaingangs. A hazard to any other road user.

epicyclo

stanfree – Member
    ….Jeez Did you steal Noddies mudguards.

Yeah, but I was out riding my bike when no one else was, and staying dry and clean. 🙂

sputnik
    Free Member

LOL! Chaingangs, especially dangerous if you are an unfit porker…they will **** you up.

oldgit
    Free Member

Funny how you perceive a chaingaing to be a hazard, when in reality it’s a group moving at a constant steady pace and effort and at a constant position in the road and is about as highly predictable you can get in a group.
    Group of blokes chin wagging, having fun on the way to the next BW on the other hand?

yodagoat
    Free Member

Most slow moving hazards have an orange flashing light. Maybe the chaingangs should get special lights on their helmets.

Kevevs
    Free Member

riding bikes is baaad, no, goood, no, baaaad, no Oh I dunno. I’d say, if you have to buy a magazine to figure it out.. you’re not riding enough bikes!

butcher

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.

yodagoat
    Free Member

I’m an excellent driver.

sputnik
    Free Member

Please don’t feed the goat…

yodagoat
    Free Member

Are you on any prescription medication?

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

Here’s a picture of a road that used to be part of my local loop.

Don’t tell me it aint nice…don’t tell me you don’t fancy a blast along it…

Panoramic Highway on top of Mount Tamalpais in Marin County. Used for car commercial shoots all the time. Great road, stiff climb to get to it.

Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘To much Roadie Talk.’ is closed to new replies.