Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • To mow or not to mow?
  • JonBoy
    Free Member

One last time maybe. Looking a little scruffy. Plus it will suck all the leaves up.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t you?

Jamie
    Free Member

Manscaping?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zippykona

How do you know when it’s too wet?
    I only ever do it when it’s bone dry.

soobalias
    Free Member

got to use up the petrol before winter, so might as well

sharkbait
    Free Member

You can mow all winter – you should just wait for a breezy dry day (to dry the grass off before going on it). Low temperature just slows the growth rate… it doesn’t really ever stop.

Kuco

Never mow with a frost on it unless you want you’re lawn to look all nice and yellow 😀

glasgowdan
    Free Member

You can mow a frosty lawn if you like, it won’t go yellow unless you scalp it. I’ll be doing my clients lawns for another 3 weeks, then the finer ones get a cut in Nov plus regular raking and an autumn feed. If the lawn is covered in debris then run the mower over it.

No problem cutting wet grass either unless the soil is too soft and it’ll leave big wheel marks.

samuri
    Free Member

Just done mine today, it was quite wet. No problems at all.

RustySpanner

Do you have a dog?

Kuco

Spent 7 years on a gang mower and every time the grass was cut in a frost (not my choice i’d rather wait for the frost to go) it went yellow and thats with out scalping it. Same for the others that cut the grass in a frost.

RustySpanner

Sorry Kuco, wasn’t referring to the frost.

Just got this really, really annoying song in my head.

jam-bo

I mowed. Although I had to do the last couple of rows with the mower facing downhill as I was running out of petrol on the uphill run. That’ll be me done til spring.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘To mow or not to mow?’ is closed to new replies.