Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • To mark 20yrs of service with my employer………………….
  • bruneep

…..I got this.

I am so proud of it. 🙄

Aye, another huge public sector bonus.

RealMan
    Free Member

wtf is that? A badge? What’s it made of? Looks like cheap plastic.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you will get plenty of time to polish it whilst sat on your arse in the station playing games on call 😉

khani
    Free Member

WOW!!!! 😆
    They’re pushing the boat out! 😯 don’t spend it all at once…

bruneep

It is a lapel pin badge to wear above my name badge at work, made of some type of metal.

donsimon
    Free Member

Got a job, haven’t you? Be thankful for small mercies. 🙄

clubber
    Free Member

**** public sector. overpaid, underworked. that pin is more than you deserve.

dogbert
    Free Member

say what you like, but something better than a badge would be nice for 20 years of putting yourself in harms way to extinguish fires.

I’ll doff my cap if no-one else will

Junkyard
    Free Member

i think we all would we are just ripping the piss for what is clearly a a poor attempt to show gratitude from the employer.

Edric64
    Free Member

Do you want a clock or a garden bench?

clubber
    Free Member

no, I’m serious, jy. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

that because you are a **** 😀

clubber
    Free Member

good point. well made.

bruneep

Do you want a clock or a garden bench?

Garden bench would be good.

I also get one of these as well.

Not sure when the best occasion would be to wear it tho..

TeddyBare
    Free Member

Think yourself lucky. All I got was redundant…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

i got offered the choice of Mermaids or Witches of Eastwick on DVD.

i hate Cher options

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Firemen are some of the most selfless and brave people and they do a fantastic job; bruneep thanks for giving service for 20 years.

spokebloke
    Free Member

A firefighter’s job is not one I’d like and anyone doing it deserves praise. However, doing a well paid job for a job that’s unlikely to be culled and then thinking that you need more than a man-cuddle takes the p***. Think yourself lucky and MTFU.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Well done mate!.

I wonder if all the naysayers on this thread would be so ballsy to your face?.

Nah, I didn’t think so.

mattrgee
    Free Member

I can’t figure out how big that thing is, looks like a chuffing lollypop.

spokebloke
    Free Member

I wonder if all the naysayers on this thread would be so ballsy to your face?.

Why not? I’m not scared of a man in uniform. Apart from the Childcatcher.

Leku
    Free Member

Was going to say ‘what do you want? A medal?’

FFJA
    Free Member

I read the title and though ‘I get a medal after 20 yrs, wonder what this guys got..’ Good effort fella, another 15 yrs to do for me yet!

geoffj

What did you get from your other job?
    😉

sc-xc

What did you get from your other job?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Did anyone else get a anything from their employer, for anything?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah, as mentioned, be grateful you got a job bruneep ……….only lucky people have a job.

Not that the unemployed are ‘unlucky’ of course ………..as everyone knows, they’re just lazy.

That’s the problem with the world today – it’s full of ungrateful and lazy people.

CountZero

Did anyone else get a anything from their employer, for anything?

Well, a previous employer took me and another employee out for a top-notch breakfast at a swanky hotel as appreciation after I’d been there for ten years. Sadly, the firm went tits-up several years later; shame, best job I’d ever had and loved working there. Any muppet can get a cheap desktop scanner and a copy of Elements and a cheap digital camera and be an instant photoshop expert these days. Me, I only had twenty-odd years experience; counts for nothing.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Nice one Bruneep. You must have some stories to tell after 20 years…

Any more expensive than the pin badge and the medal and you’d have the haterz swarming out of their pleasant 3 bed semi’s in force, waving their daily mails and demanding you go back to looking for the sun alliance insurance plaque on the front of a burning building before turning the hoses on.

My boss has a glass thing (like the monolith in 2001 but clear, on a glass plinth) polished/frosted in honour of 20 years of service with one of our local nhs trusts.

For my impending ‘unlucky 13’ years of unflinching NHS service, I got punched in the face at work the other day, and will shortly be TUPE’d into the uncertainty of a social enterprise, having a pay freeze (read: 3% per year cut) and my pension screwed over. As per Ernie’s post though, I’m sure I should be honoured and grateful for the opportunity to do all this for you though. 😕

bruneep

Well thanks for the comments good the bad and usual derogatory comments from the usual suspects. you know who you are 😉

Its bit of a double celebration in the bruneep mansion, as Mrs b is also celebrating 20yrs with the NHS (midwife), she is getting £240 vouchers as her “bonus” for turning up for the same employer, we now await to see what flaming she now gets!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

My mate the retained fireman was killed on a call.

I’m not sure what’s worse, PC bound chairmoistners bleating about how easy it is, or the OP whingeing on about getting a medal..?

kimbers

congrats to both you and your wife, even the 240quid vouchers is lousy though, really

anyway do you dress up in your (or each others) uniforms for grown-ups fun time?

rOcKeTdOg

i get 4 days more anual leave when (if) i get to 10 years next march…which is nice actually

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The only bit I don’t like on this thread is this,

**** public sector. overpaid, underworked. that pin is more than you deserve

But i did notice the, 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

i got offered the choice of Mermaids or Witches of Eastwick on DVD.

i hate Cher options

😆

No one else?

Just me then… 😳

Frankers
    Free Member

Sports Direct Staff get £46k after 2years (maybe in vouchers or shares) so if I’m honest your medal looks bloody fantastic!

clubber
    Free Member

The only bit I don ‘t like on this thread is this,
    **** public sector. overpaid , underworked. that
    pin is more than you deserve
    But i did notice the,

I

ooh! that was me 🙂

for the.hard of.thinking I’ll. point out that it was very tounge in cheek.

Andy

– Member
    congrats to both you and your wife, even the 240quid vouchers is lousy though, really

anyway do you dress up in your (or each others) uniforms for grown-ups fun time?

Brilliant.

Shocking recognition for key public servants though 🙁 . After 25 years I get 6 months leave on full pay…

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    **** public sector. overpaid, underworked. that pin is more than you deserve.

Heartless. Proper heartless.

Clearly you’re private sector. What are you, a banker??

bruneep

Mibbee 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘To mark 20yrs of service with my employer………………….’ is closed to new replies.