Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • To helitape or not to helitape……
  • letmetalktomark

…..that is the question.

I have only been introduced to helitape in the last few years and managed to get on fine without it in the passed but……

My Argos painted Caldera has a liberal splattering as the paint chips easily

but

I believe that the paint on the new Cotics is supposed to be pretty tough so was wondering if it was essential?

Thoughts?

Any users removed theirs and not re applied?

uplink
    Free Member

It depends

if you're the type that leaves the polythene on the sofa, then you probably won't sleep without heli-tapping your bike

letmetalktomark

uplink – Member

It depends

if you're the type that leaves the polythene on the sofa, then you probably won't sleep without heli-tapping your bike

😆 😆 😆

Have you been peeking through my curtains

😆

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I believe that the paint on the new Cotics is supposed to be pretty tough so was wondering if it was essential?

The paint on my cotic is pretty average, its an 09 BFe. Dont know if the new ones are different.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Its a bike not a piece of art. I only use heli tape to stop the cables rubbing.

avdave2

Remember the 70's when people left the plastic on their new cars seats. Sadly I do.

simon1975

My Dad's starting wrapping his TV remote in clingfilm. WTF 🙄

I think I'll be taping the toptube of my next new frame / paint-job to reduce knee-rub tarnishing. Other than that I tape where the cables rub and use self-amalgamating tape where my heels rub.

rs
    Free Member

I'd rather have a few war wounds and rub marks on my frame than cover it in heli tape, can't stand the thought of putting that pish on my frame!

gee
    Free Member

I cover the bits that get rubbed by cables and the crank arms.

Makes selling the bike on so much easier.

tron
    Free Member

Eh? Are there people who helitape the whole bike?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘To helitape or not to helitape……’ is closed to new replies.