Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • To buy Ti or Steel frame
  • hora
    Free Member

anotherstan did you find the bluepig stiffer/more rigid?

gee
    Free Member

Salsa Ala Carte Ti?

anotherstan
    Free Member

@ hora, didn’t like it at all, felt unstable. always felt like i could go over the bars at any minute.
    i know there’s not a vast amount of difference between it (pig) and the bike i swapped over to (456), but in riding terms it felt miles ahead.

accu
    Free Member

@anotherstan…..I know exactly what you mean!

kelvin

Could you elaborate?

Soul closer to the Hummer in terms of frame weight and long fork capability. Soda a fair chunk lighter than either, and max 120mm forks.

nickc

Love Geetee1972’s write up of the Ragley…

massmoor
    Free Member

I have a On One Inbred (DN6 Steel) SS which I love and also have a Custom Ti frame from China which is basically the same as On One 456 summer season, which I also love and it only cost the same as a good steel frame. I have also owned a Cove (litespeed) Hummer and have also ridden the latest Hummer and couldn’t really get on with both. IMO its good geometry that makes a good frame but Ti did have the edge over the steel bikes I have ridden, especially when riding at speed on rocky singletrack.

Gavin email me if you are interested in designing your own Ti frame I’ll send you the details.

gavin100
    Free Member

Still battling with choice. The cotic soul is singing to me and the 456 has a rather nice tune. just need to try one some where. Ti cost holding me back at the moment.
    PS
    Big thanks to Andy at Dirt School

massmoor
    Free Member

Custom Ti from China start at ~ £350.

qwerty
    Free Member

not cheap, but…

… and the holidays of your choice with the change

or for function over bling just get a DIALLED BIKES Prince Albert

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘To buy Ti or Steel frame’ is closed to new replies.