Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • To anyone that helped me with my crash at Llandegla today…
  • bowie278
    Free Member

Just a quick post for anyone who helped me during my crash today at Llandegla – thank you. I was the guy who was on the orange Cotic by the skills section (albeit the skills I obviously don’t have!) that came off mid-air and landed on my shoulder/head.

Thanks to the guys who went and got help for me and to the lady and gent who stayed with me. Big thanks to the owner of One Planet Adventure who stayed with me and calmed me down, and unconditional thanks to the ambulance and hospital staff who took care of me.

I was lucky enough to escape with soft tissue and ligament damage, tons of cuts and grazes, an absolutely buggered helmet and a ripped shirt. Currently in bed in a sling feeling fed up and sorry for myself whilst dosed up to my eyeballs on Co-Codomol!

Once again, if you’re reading this, thank you so much for your help today when I most needed it, it most definitely didn’t go unnoticed. Thanks!

project
    Free Member

Phone signal is bad up there, if you have an accident ring 999 and ask for police,who will then trace your call and send an ambulance.

RustySpanner

How’s the bike? 😀

johnj2000
    Free Member

Nice to hear people helped out, had a small tumble myself on Sat if it had been at a higher speed it would have been nasty. would like to think the same kindness would come my way in that situation.

Hope you heal quick.

mu3266
    Free Member

Rusty, if there was a ‘Like’ button, I’d be mashing it right now.

bowie278
    Free Member

Yeah you’re right, signal isn’t the best.

Haha, let’s just say the bike is doing better than I am!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Heal well and get back on your bike soon!

twoniner
    Free Member

Good te hear you came out of it with nothing broken. There are a lot of injuries up there and to be fair One Planet have it off to a tee getting people off the trails.

project
    Free Member

Yeah you’re right, signal isn’t the best.

by ringing 999 even if out of credit, youll get through, possibly on another network to your own.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Could have been worse.. you can still type and aren’t paralysed.
    Dont dwell on your accident and get right back on that bike.

asterix
    Free Member

Good post! Hope you’re doing OK. Watch out forthat cocodamol – it made me sick as a dog as I couldn’t take the codeine

brokensoul
    Free Member

Just put it down as another lesson. Sometimes they’re nice, sometimes they’re not so.
    Nice to hear some folks helped you out.
    Get well soon.
    And go steady on those co-codamol, they’ll bung you up like buggery.
    😕

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Once again, if you’re reading this, thank you so much for your help today when I most needed it, it most definitely didn’t go unnoticed. Thanks!

Tah, i’m reading it, . . .wasn’t there, but don’t mention it, its the least i can do to read it 🙂

Get Well Soon and smoke it next time

Pridds

Hope the healing goes well and good to hear that people helped you
    112 is the number to ring from a mobile to get through to the emergency services. This will override the lack of signal and lack of credit and if there is any signal from any network it will use it to make the call
    Some really useful info on this video

RustySpanner

Haha, let’s just say the bike is doing better than I am!

Nice one. 🙂

I’m glad you’re ok and on the mend.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

cheers for the above info, noted.

saintviper
    Free Member

Hi bowie278,

Glad you are ok mate, i dont think i have seen anyone as white as you where when we got you to stand up.

Good news that the damage is not as bad as 1st thought.

I was the one pushing your bike up for you, while some of my fellow “woollyback members” where aiding you and riding for help.

Hope you heal quickly mate, and your out riding again soon.

Saint

singletrackmind

Glad you are ok mate, i dont think i have seen anyone as white as you where when we got you to stand up.

😯

I wasnt there , I dont know the facts , I dont know if you had a trained medical professional with you , but I think this might not have been the best thing to do with Bowie.

Get well soon Bowie, being broken really sucks ass.

boxelder

as white as you were when we got you to stand up

You were sure he hadn’t scoobed his back/neck then?
    Glad all on the mend – but if your wheels had been just 3″ bigger, this would never have happened…..

😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Glad your ok, but perhaps time to invest in a skills course?

saintviper
    Free Member

He was on all fours, then sat down, and moving about perfectly well (Expect for the arm). If he had damaged is back/neck then there is no way he would have been moving the way he was.

philfive
    Free Member

Another Llandegla victim, I broke myself on the freeride 3 weeks ago, broken arm, ribs and torn muscle off my shoulder.

The shoulder is by far the worst and most painful.
    I managed to get to my van and drive home though.

heeling vibes for you. I’m itching to ride but looking at another 6 weeks at least.

patriotpro
    Free Member

It got you a lay-in, what’s your problem!? 😉

Seriously tho, get well soon.

eskay

112 is the number to ring from a mobile to get through to the emergency services.

I was always aware of 112 (as the European emergency number) but until recently did not realise its importance here.

I attended a first aid course recently and they said that if you dial 112 from a mobile then your position can be tracked (handy if you don’t know where you are). This cannot be done if you dial 999 (no idea why not!).

Should be publicised more.

philfive
    Free Member

Always thought 112 was just the eurpoean emergency number and dialing either that or 999 in the uk will get you tracked?

Dialing any emergency number sends on the strongest carrier signal available in your area not just the network you are on.

ianv
    Free Member

Another Llandegla victim, I broke myself on the freeride 3 weeks ago, broken arm, ribs and torn muscle off my shoulder.
    The shoulder is by far the worst and most painful.
    I managed to get to my van and drive home though.

Thats pretty hardcore, good effort 😯

philfive
    Free Member

Wife went mad Ian when I got home but it was needs must, couldn’t end up in an hospital bed 100 miles from the wife and kids. Made myself a brace using a hoody I had in the van and away I went. It was a nightmare until I got to the dual carriageways and motorways but luckly it was my left arm and I’m right handed.

Sat in work now with a big cast on my arm, took a week off work though which was nice 🙂

bowie278
    Free Member

Thanks for all the messages guys, really cheered me up. Itching to get back out there but it’ll be a few weeks now. Sending a big thank you to you and your friends Saint, please pass the message on. What makes you bad makes you better.

franksinatra

And go steady on those co-codamol, they’ll bung you up like buggery

Hmmm, maybe not the best descriptor 😮

dibboid
    Free Member

What makes you bad makes you better.

Lethal dose of Rat poison in your tea. That will make you bad…., don’t think you’d ever get better. LOL

I had a otb on my first ever trip to degla, I treat it with more caution now. Luckily I got up and walked away with a few cuts and bruises and a mouth full of soil and pine needles!

Heal soon! You didn’t die so thats all that matters!

adsh
    Free Member

He was on all fours, then sat down, and moving about perfectly well (Expect for the arm). If he had damaged is back/neck then there is no way he would have been moving the way he was.

I wasn’t there but I am first aid trained and attended something not dissimilar a while back.

It is possible for a person with spinal injuries to mobilise. It is possible for them to have more serious injuries hidden by shock and adrenaline.

The incident I was at had a shocked spine. The person fell hurt themselves, insisted on getting up and then got gradually worse until it became apparent we never should have allowed him to move. In his case it was just a shocked spinal cord with no fracture but it was very scary the way he got worse.

singletrackmind

Do it to someone who is hypothermic and it can kill them .
    ( making them stand up when ghostly white )

tomtomthepipersson

Just found out my mate broke his neck at the weekend.

Big healing vibes to all our fallen comrades!

edlong
    Free Member

I attended a first aid course recently and they said that if you dial 112 from a mobile then your position can be tracked (handy if you don’t know where you are). This cannot be done if you dial 999 (no idea why not!).

Wasn’t there a thread about this recently? As I recall, the wisdom of this all new amazing 112 tracking thing was originating from “experts” such as St John’s First Aid instructors and someone from the AA, whereas some people who had intimate knowledge of the technical infrastructure underneath the mobile networks were all saying it was cobblers?

chrisylad24
    Free Member

I was in the shop when one of the guys helping the op came in it sounded bad but the one planet staff seemed pretty quick to deal with it i had an otb there last year that place can bite for all the talk of it being easy get well soon mate

saintviper
    Free Member

adsh – Will remember that one in future

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘To anyone that helped me with my crash at Llandegla today…’ is closed to new replies.