Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • To all those still running summer tyres!
  • mattyh222
    Free Member

How freaking awesome is it. typically the lakes is as wet as ever after a pretty decent dry spell and the commute home has quickly become a flooded out mess (which has now been made 100x better/worse depending on which way you look at it due to the farmer moving cattle between fields at high borrans farm. the track is slick as pig s**t and as im still running summer tyres (2.20" bontrager XR1 team issue) the journey home has turned into a sideways drift epic! (think Initial D/F&F Tokyo Drift vs alex rankin's earthed series) Im absolutely loving it and im gonna keep the babies on for as long as i can! got my light setup running sweet too, I recommend a set of Light & motion stella 200's to anyone! just waiting for my new 2010 bike to turn up then i'll be loving it!

matt

Summer tyres? WTF are they – our summers are wetter than winter.

Me, I keep the same tyres on all year.

twohats
    Free Member

I didn't realise there were summer and winter specific tyres!?!? I use the same tyres year round…

bananaworld
    Free Member

What are "tyres"?

dobo
    Free Member

still got my maxxis monorails on, slippery when wet indeed, much fun…

Rorschach
    Free Member

Summer tyres???I run slicks all year……………

pinches
    Free Member

i've had the racing ralphs on since last november, and not changed them since, although my new local ride its chalky and the front end is quite unstable so i'm considering a nobby nic for the front

crikey
    Free Member

Top tip; tyres don't know about seasons, so blaming them for running out of talent makes you look silly.

mattyh222
    Free Member

good job ive got plenty of talent

loddrik
    Free Member

Same tyres all year round here, seems a bit ridiculous to change for the seasons, maybe some people just have way to much spare cash…..

DezB
    Free Member

Out in the wet with Larsens today. I'd def consider them summer tyres.
    Can't be bothered to change em though

Drac

Yeah thank god I put my springtyres on year past March, must remember to take them off once they wear out. Oh wait think they did and foolish me never took the chance to change them.

mattyh222
    Free Member

i wonder if the shwalbe rocket ron's im getting on my new bike will be as fun as the bonty's in the pissing wet. i know they arent going to grip but if they roll good then i may just be keeping them

matt

Mugboo

So that must be why all proffesional wheel based sports have a full range of tyres to choose from 'because they have too much money'..

For what its worth my idea so far of changing tyres for the seasons has mean't taking off my nearly bald ones and putting on my newer ones in winter.

But that doesn't mean that having a tyre that excels in mud is a bad idea..

toxicsoks
    Free Member

What is this "summer" you speak of?

mboy
    Free Member

Spent the day riding round Swinley on a pair of Hutchinson Pythons (now there's a summer tyre if ever there was one), cos I was too lazy to change them (actually, scratch that, I just went out clubbing last night instead of staying in to prep my bike!)…

And you know what? I didn't have a single "moment" all day long! Might be due to the fact there was literally no mud at Swinley, cos all the water had washed it away!

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Summer tyres? What happened to summer FS and winter HT?
    My rear 2.2 Advantage is near enough bald anyway, time for a replacement. Ran all last winter with a crossmark on the back of the HT – at least it picks up less mud, usueful when the local terrain turns to clay.

elaineanne
    Free Member

need thicker 'tread' for gloopy winter mud ! ive just bought a 'nobby nic' for my rear tyre, another month and that will be going on…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘To all those still running summer tyres!’ is closed to new replies.