• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Lanesra.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • To 1080p or not to 1080p…
  • freeman
    Free Member

I’m going to be purchasing a new LCD TV soon but am in too minds whether Full HD is really worth paying the extra for (the phrase “credit crunch” rears its ugly head again).

The thing is the maximum size tv i can fit is a 32″ (was looking at a Panasonic Viera tX32lzd80), but ive seen a nice Sony 26″ which is nearly £240 cheaper but only HD ready. Am I likely to notice any significant difference?

I’ll be using it for PS3 and Blu-ray films.

I am also swayed by the Sony, cos it means i’ve got more to spend on me new bike 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have you bypassed the flux capacitor?

conkerman
    Free Member

Unless you want to use it a s PC monitor don’t bother spending out on a 1080p 32 in screen.

The usual wisdom is that only 40in+ screens show a visible improvment.

But if you like it and have the cash, go for it!

Flaperon

And consider plasma over LCD. LCD upscaling of SD content is rubbish.

avdave2

Just spent the last few days in Berlin using widescreen quadruple hd projectors at around £125,000 a go. What have I got at home? a 15 year old plus second hand crt monitor come tv.

pjt201
    Free Member

#
    #
    Flaperon – Member

And consider plasma over LCD. LCD upscaling of SD content is rubbish.

not sure about that. depends on the processor doing the upscaling rather than the screen technology really. and you’ll be hard pushed to get a plasma smaller than 40″ anyway!

Lanesra
    Free Member

get the Panasonic, more and more HD channels are available (freesat for e.g)plus you’ve got the PS3 for Blu-Ray (1080p is true HD) – Best place to get advice is here http://www.avforums.com geeky, but they know there stuff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘To 1080p or not to 1080p…’ is closed to new replies.