Viewing 34 posts - 161 through 194 (of 194 total)
  • TMS – 2nd Test – Spoilers within…
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

blimey they’re bowling like the windies 😯

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

:-O

Klunk
    Free Member

oh yes oh yes

yossarian
    Free Member

Properly hostile stuff

It’s funny, but I don’t like seeing batsmen get hurt unless they are Australian. Why is that?

Quack quack quackity quack

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s funny, but I don’t like seeing batsmen get hurt unless they are Australian. Why is that?

Decent thing to do, IMO. 🙂

Over by stumps today, I think!

Klunk
    Free Member

boooo

portlyone

Dhoni will be sticking the needles into the Ian Bell doll tonight!

lunge

How am I meant to work when all this is going on eh? There is far to exciting, not often you get to see this kind of English bowling performance.

higgo
    Free Member

“They don’t like it in the ribs”

Anyway, back to the cricket Geoff.

yossarian
    Free Member

That wasn’t the best hatrick ball I’ve ever seen 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Bye bye

grahamb
    Free Member

No 100th century for Tendulkar 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

From the BBC coverage:

From Anish Patel, TMS inbox: “This must be what it feels like to be an Australian.”

Stuey01
    Free Member

It looks like this is going to be done and dusted tonight.

yossarian
    Free Member

Remember day one?

England 128-8

We are a seriously decent side now, seriously decent.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Strauss looks to be an excellent leader, I’d say.

Klunk
    Free Member

all over them

Lifer
    Free Member

Whooop!

Anderson gets Tendulkar for the 7th time!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Last man standing…

Stoner
    Free Member

boycott can be an arse cant he. 😉

mk1fan
    Free Member

Natch.

yossarian
    Free Member

We are the best team the world now. Sounds good eh? 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

all over now

portlyone

*happy dance*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

grum
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

The largest victory margin for a team behind on first innings EVER!

Junkyard
    Free Member

We are the best team the world now. Sounds good eh?

sounds unbelievable if you think where England were not that long ago.

England 128-8

We are a seriously decent side now, seriously decent.
    They deserve to be number 1 on this performance and without trott or cook doing much this time as well. Strength in depth and the Flintoff ashes seems so long ago now

yossarian
    Free Member

Having grown up in the late 80s I had become ritually acustomised to England getting utterly annihilated by West Indies, Australia, South Africa etc. I remember listening to the winter tour in SA before the ashes in 2005 and thinking that a few things had changed and would stay changed. We’ve steadily improved since then and apart from the insane decision to give flintoff the captaincy ahead of Strauss and the serous lack of prep for the ashes in 2007 I’d say we’ve been improving ever since.

Now we are handing out the beatings. How nice is that? After slaughtering Australia we’ve hammered India twice and I dont think it’s over yet. Who the **** do you drop for the next test?? Tremlett? Bresnan? Anderson? Swann? Broad? 😀

My 4 year old was watching with me today, he thinks we’ve always been the best at cricket. 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Are we getting properly good at test cricket just as the rest of the world stops really caring about it? :/

Much as I like his style, (and he played one nice innings in this match) I reckon you could drop Morgan without missing him too much – and have an extra bowler. They can bat pretty far down the order anyway as shown by Bresnan and Broad today (and Broad/Swann in the first innings).

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve also followed cricket since the late 80s – just after we last won the Ashes. Got used to getting beaten a lot. It does seem rather incredible where we are now.

Strength in depth – that’s what it’s all about, and what we have and India doesn’t. Lots of comments from India fans about how it would all be different if they hadn’t lost their best bowler and best batsman – seemingly not having noticed that we’ve lost our best bowler of the summer and now our statistically best batsman. Not to mention that when our “best” batsmen fail there are others ready to step in. Who’d be a selector?!

Also does any longterm England fan remember when we had walking wickets coming in at 8? I mean even the 2005 “greats” had Hoggard at 9. Now that’s India’s problem, whilst we have the 6th best all-rounder in the world coming in at 10!

aracer
    Free Member

Sometime earlier, somebody wrote:

No way will India go as cheaply as that – they have had their one batting failure this tour

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 34 posts - 161 through 194 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘TMS – 2nd Test – Spoilers within…’ is closed to new replies.