Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 194 total)
  • TMS – 2nd Test – Spoilers within…
  • yossarian
    Free Member

🙂 never mind captain.

Superb performance from England today, 400 plus runs. I dozed off on the sofa for an hour and bresnan and prior smashed a hundred runs between them 😯

Reckon Strauss will want 500 ahead before bowling. So what, half 12 tomorrow?

Klunk
    Free Member

400 plus by 2.30 :?, as the they already have a lead of 374 shouldn’t that be 11.30 ?

yossarian
    Free Member

I wasn’t expecting 180 odd rubs in the last session! 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Would the Aussies have reinstated Bell?

Stoner
    Free Member

I think dravid’s just covered it nicely on the highlights.

Im not sure “reinstatement” is the question, I think probably it’s “would [another] team have tried stumping in that manner?”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ausies have done all sorts of sneaky / nasty stuff over the years. From the dreaded underarm ball in the one day final to a run out at the bowlers end to claiming catches with a foot over the rope

hilldodger
    Free Member

England haven’t always played by the ‘spirit of the game’ either….

“In 1974 West Indies batsman Alvin Kallicharan was run out by England captain Tony Greig in Port-of-Spain.
    Kallicharan was walking back to the dressing room thinking the first day was over when Greig removed the bails.
    A furious Kallicharan broke his bat in two and the crowd’s reaction was so heated that he was reinstated the following morning after government intervention.”

And more recently……

“In a one day international with New Zealand in 2008, England’s then captain Paul Collingwood attracted severe criticism for refusing to reinstate Grant Elliott.
    Elliott had been run out by Kevin Pietersen after a collision with Ryan Sidebottom and Collingwood chose not to withdraw his appeal, even after the umpire Mark Benson asked him to reconsider.”

theotherjonv

In fairness, Colly himself later said he thought he had got it wrong and regretted it but it seemed the right decision at the time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/jun/26/englandvnewzealand2008.englandcricketteam

He didn’t have the benefit of tea to think it over……

zokes
    Free Member

So then, D4 coming up soon….

Junkyard
    Free Member

tough one for India to win from this stage even though they are a great team.
    England 2-0 up and No1 in the world IMHO

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wait a mo! It’s day 4? 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

I actually thought they would declare yesterday as well for the same reason 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Great minds, Junky! 😀

TPTcruiser

I was there on Saturday. Broad hat-trick.
    You don’t see that very often, unbelievable turnaround in fortunes.
    Plenty of batting left in that pitch though so I would go for 450 lead before declaring. Weather settled and Swann and Trott may have their bowling to some extent affected by injury so it may be three bowlers plus KP. Could be a long slog between the effects of the new balls.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I was following the BBB updates on my phone and suddenly the push notifications went loopy. Looking forward to the next two days…

grum
    Free Member

Did anyone else think (sporting gesture aside) that India’s attitude was poor yesterday? I know England batted really well, Bell especially, but the Indians just didn’t really look that bothered half the time. They were pretty dreadful in the field.

theotherjonv

Agree. I think they are seeing the downside of the IPL, many of their players are stright off the back of that season with the monies that entails and are struggling to motivate themselves for the proper games.

IIRC, some of the players didn’t even play warm up games ‘cos they were too tired after the IPL?

If that is the case the won’t remain as #1 for long (and don’t really deserve to either)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So – straight out to swing at it? Or get to a *safe* total (say 420) before getting the signal?

Ouch – looking like they are going to swing….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Enter the man of the moment….

grahamb
    Free Member

And they’ve just come from a test series in West Indies so their pace bowlers will be tired from that.

It’s a shame Prior didn’t get to another 100.

theotherjonv

bat them out of the game as quickly as possible – weather won’t be a factor, only runs. If India bat through 2 days then they will win, can’t see them batting for best part of 2 days and not getting the runs, therefore make the game unwinnable for them first. we are 1-0 up after all.

Houns

I’m betting on Swanny being the first batsman to come out to bat with Vaseline logos on the back of his bat for the craic

CaptJon
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Would the Aussies have reinstated Bell?

If we were playing the Australians they’d have been beaten by tea on day three.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    So – straight out to swing at it? Or get to a *safe* total (say 420) before getting the signal?

Well, now’s the time, then….

CaptJon
    Free Member

I reckon they’ll wait to give Bresnan a chance for a hundred

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well, now’s the time, then….

Hmmm, got there too quickly I think!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Slightly OT but Henry Blofeld is the best commentator ever. Could listen to him all day. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Blowers + Tuffers = Perfection!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Isn’t he a Bond villain?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

His father was the inspiration for the villain, apparently. Was at school with Fleming.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

His father was the inspiration for the villain, apparently. Was at school with Fleming.

Tell me that is true 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

the tail is wagging, carnage.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It is true, MF. Rather funnier that it could have been one of my relatives that gave the name to a Bond villain, as they were there at the same time and in the same house as well! 🙂

CaptJon
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Blowers + Tuffers = Perfection!

+1

I’m loving the TMS line up this summer. Boycott’s presence gives me a chance to take a break and do something constructive.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Excellent trivia. That shall be absorbed and saved for the pub.

Klunk
    Free Member

Tuffers “flan of the biggest flan order”

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Blimey – it’s like the colosseum in there…

Klunk
    Free Member

broads going for a 100 before lunch, 6 6

CaptJon
    Free Member

two 6s for Broad!

Just discovered this website – who needs to watch Sky when you’ve got an almost live Hawkeye?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2011/engine/current/match/474473.html

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘TMS – 2nd Test – Spoilers within…’ is closed to new replies.