• This topic has 19 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by andeh.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Tmobile EE …???????
  • Lawmanmx
    Free Member

contract ended (thank gaaawd) and almost a month on and Iphone still not unlocked, shocking ‘customer service’ … ha ha ha ha Customer service, now That IS a joke!
    anyone else had the same shit with these cowboys? how do they Ever expect to get repeat business????

somouk
    Free Member

Got to say my EE contract has been faultless and getting a phone unlocked was faultless too. Requested via the application on my phone and completed within 10 days.

It does say it can take longer for some handsets as they have to contact the manufacturer.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Have been with Orange/ EE for 9 years I always manage to get a good deal from them.

Last time when I switched to 4g about the same time as it was being launched and the S4 came out. they wrote off 6 months of my contract(£190-200) and 4 months later after a customer service issue I got a 30% reduction on the remainder of my contract.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ploeb
    Free Member

My HTC was on EE, they said the unlock code would be £17.50, I agreed, they charged me £175.0! When I pointed out their mistake, they told me to cancel the direct debit. Then later they charged me another fee for not paying by direct debit :(. Took a couple of months to get it all refunded.

Dark-Side

Always found both T-Mobile and EE to be good. Been with them for 10 years now.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

I went online to see if Others where having the same problems and there are pages and pages of very unhappy customers for one reason or another, have you tried to just send them an Email??? it would be Easy if they had an email address, or is it a secret?
    I filled in the form to get the phone unlocked weeks ago and they told me to expect contact from them within the next 7 to 10 days, well that has long since passed and Still nothing.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

ploeb – Member
    My HTC was on EE, they said the unlock code would be £17.50, I agreed, they charged me £175.0! When I pointed out their mistake, they told me to cancel the direct debit. Then later they charged me another fee for not paying by direct debit :(. Took a couple of months to get it all refunded

That is a **** up I hope you got some compensation

jambalaya
    Free Member

Absolutely terrible, I managed to get away a few months ago !

I would suspect your phone has actually been unlocked they just haven’t told you (good way to keep you eh !). When I chased them repeatedly up I got some people in South Africa who sent me a private email on checking the unlock which had in fact been done they just hadn’t said. You basically need a computer with iTunes (do a backup) and new SIM card, put that in and then do a restore. Email me and I’ll forward the instructions.

EDIT: lawmanmx YGM – you might like to try the phone with a new SIM anyway before following the unlock procedure

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

thanks Andy, i’ll try that pal 😉

numbnut
    Free Member

EE are currently “streamlining” the business in advance of a possible flotation next year.
    This involves making lots of people redundant to artificially reduce their cost base to make the business look more attractive.
    I can’t see their customer service improving…..

Cougar

My HTC was on EE, they said the unlock code would be £17.50, I agreed, they charged me £175.0!

Totally unrelated, but I once had that happen to me with a card payment at Pizza Hut. They must’ve missed the decimal point when entering the amount, I only found out much later when I checked my account to find I was three and a half grand lighter. To be fair, PH refunded it pretty sharpish when I flagged it, but it was a brown trousers moment for a minute there.

brickwizard
    Free Member

I’m having a nightmare with orange/ee trying to upgrade my wife’s phone, I can only ring after 5pm as no signal at my work location all I hear is we are experiencing a high volume of calls right now we will answer your call as soon as a representative becomes available! I Think they are trying to do everything online nowadays.

Simon

I’ve been with Orange for around ten years and everything was fine until I had phone and unrelated reception problems. Their customer service is a complete joke. I was fobbed off, lied to and had unauthorised payments taken from my bank account.
    I’m leaving Orange when my contract is up in February and going SIM only with another provider.

Simon

The only way to get through to a UK customer service advisor is to pick the “I want to cancel my contract” option.
    TBF the UK staff were pretty good and tried their best to resolve my issues but the overseas advisors were useless.

ourmaninthenorth

I Think they are trying to do everything online nowadays.

Every company is. It’s far cheaper than even overseas contact centres. And, TBH, given the complexity of systems that contact centre agents have foisted on them, online ought to get a better result every time.

It’s a Sisyphean task improving customer service – every company wants to but has neither the time or the money to get it right….

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

online would be Great, IF they had an email address so I could contact them.

andeh

TMobile used to be pretty good, since they merged into EE their customer service has been abysmal, in my experience.My HTC broke and was sent away 3 times consecutively only to be returned each time with the same issue. They told me I had to send it away to HTC and they wouldn’t replace it (even though it was only 5 months old), took god knows how many phone calls and a formal complaint to get a replacement, though they refused to give me another HTC (or any phone other than a Samsung) so I ended up with a Galaxy S4, which I dislike immensely.

Their phone support is poor to average but their in store support is horrific. They have zero interest in solving problems, just selling 24 month contracts. I went in the other day with a problem and the guy couldn’t solve my issue so tried to sell me an iPad instead.

winston
    Free Member

Lost my EE phone on Monday afternoon (in Friston if anyone finds a iPhone4 16gb no case!)

Phoned in at 10.00pm to report sim lost. Easy to do no waiting. Spoke to a nice northern lass.
    New SIM on my desk this morning by 8.30 for the princely sum of £3

Shocking customer service I reckon!

ourmaninthenorth

online would be Great, IF they had an email address so I could contact them.

Online = self service. Email is the same as calling, only even less efficient. Business I work in is much smaller than EE and we get 20,000 customer emails a week….

andeh

Top Tip: if you don’t want to be sat on hold for ages select the “Phone Lost or Stolen” option on the menu. Takes you through much quicker and it’s all the same people on the end.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Tmobile EE …???????’ is closed to new replies.