• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by tomd.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • TMARS dropper won't stay up
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I changed the outer and cable on my dropper but it now drops down with a clunking. It’s as though the cable isn’t being released properly but it does it with the lever removed so the cable is slack.

Any ideas?

THanks

nickjb
    Free Member

It is sensitive to cable adjustment but if you are getting it fully slack then maybe the pin is sticking. Open it up, clean it and grease it. Doesn’t take long.

connect2

I think they’re also sensitive to the size of the ferrule on the end of the cable, try filing it down a bit

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Seems to be **** sensitive to everything including atmospheric pressure!

@connect – length or width? I replaced tha cable and used D. It’s visibly larger than the cable head I removed but doesn’t seem to be fouling anything.

@Nick – it’s all opened up and seems to be running fine. It was packed full with thick grease. Is this normal / correct?

connect2

Probably a bit of both length and diameter. Unless yours is a different version, mine’s an older one that the cable enters from the bottom of the junction box

But yeah, it seems you do have to be prepared to do a bit of fettling to get them to work properly

tomd
    Free Member

I had one of these POS for a bit. Thick grease seemed to stop it moving at all, it needed to be dry & clean inside to work at all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘TMARS dropper won't stay up’ is closed to new replies.