Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • TK Maxx virgin no longer!
  • ski
    Free Member

They have just opened a new store in my town centre, as I was passing, I popped in at lunch time, with the masses.

Spotted a eVent waterproof jacket for £39.99, marked down form £200! tag said it was XXL, but it was a medium when I took it off the peg, seemed to fit me.

As a stroke of luck, it started to rain as I left the store, so got to test it out & very nice it was too.

I guess its all downhill from now on….

😉

sofatester
    Free Member

Medic!

grievoustim
    Free Member

there are bargains to be had in there – but I need to spot that bargain fast – I quickly loose the will to live if I have to spend too long sorting through racks of endless rubbish

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

other good things to keep an eye out for-

flat pedal shoes

jeans

ridiculously overpriced 'lifestyle' clothing (howies, timberland, plainlazy etc) at normal prices

camelpack bladders

ski
    Free Member

Yea there were racks and rack of XXL kit, which looking at their average customer, they had done their market research well 😉

Oggles
    Free Member

howies t shirts for a tenner, happy to pay that as they are good quality!

I'm going to be on the lookout for an eVent jacket next time i'm in!

ski
    Free Member

Montane eVent Super-Fly 😉

cxi
    Free Member

That's a corking bargain ski!

Agreed you have to mentally prepare for a rummage otherwise I give up after a few minutes.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I flipping hate the place. Girlfriend loves TK Maxx, probably goes twice a week and comes home with a handful of crap that she usually ends up taking back a week later on her next visit…it's an endless cycle!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Mr MC always gets loads of stuff there, cool brands! O'Neill combats, On Fire t-shirts! I don't get anything! I can't be bothered to hammer through ranks of cr** and it always disappoints me! Did get super cool ski jacket and trousers once for £30 I think and both still going strong about 4 years later! It started my ski jacket addiction as well which isn't so good!

chakaping
    Free Member

TK Maxx is brilliant.

Saved me £££s on outdoors (and normal) clothing over the years.

You need to have an eye for it though.

Northwind

I went in looking for a light waterproof and a pair of Vans, accidentally came out with 2 pairs of Rohan walking shoes. Which are awesome, but today it rained and I got wet while my shoes sat at home :mrgreen: I love TK Maxx, you've got to earn your bargains there.

stumpyjon

I use TK Maxx for shoes, bought a couple of pairs of KSBs and a pair of Vans last time I was in.

robidoo
    Free Member

Nike acg goretex paclight £60 yes please.

Riofer
    Free Member

I got a smart shoe bargain when I found a pair of Van Bommels (very posh Dutch Cobblers) for £50 when usual retail is £200 :-).

Love it – go a few times and you'll get the hang of where to look

kimbers

got a 100 quid montane atomc dt jacket on way home tonight £34

tk max hammersmith has a load of montane stuff at the mo

kimbers

just need some rain now

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘TK Maxx virgin no longer!’ is closed to new replies.