Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Titus rockstar headset question
  • khani
    Free Member

That ^^^ FSA headset is for a 44mm top and bottom headtube with a 44mm external bottom cup for tapered forks, the aluminium Rockstar is a tapered 44mm semi integrated top 1.5inch bottom tapered headtube,
    The full carbon Rockstar might be different though

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Zigzag sorry to here that website is confusing as to what will fit!

zigzag69
    Free Member

Ach, my own fault for not doing my homework, ben. I thought it was worth a punt for £16, and I can still use the upper cup.

justridemtb
    Free Member

Just fitted a mix and match nukeproof headset. 49mm internal diameter for the bottom. Just need a seatpost and clamp now

MrOvershoot

Well Yodel picked up the Small frame to go back today, so lets see if the shock gets transferred to a Large & comes back to me.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Lets see some pics of builds!! My frsme is with yodel somewhere

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

Bentigger, it just came with the 1.5 crown race which isn’t what the web site says but is what I needed. They need to update or clarify that link.
    Away at the moment so unable to see if the headset cup will actually fit after all that, fingers crossed again. Frame is really nice though, well worth the 300 I paid, glad I took the punt now.
    Hope everyone enjoys building theirs up.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

My mate has just ordered for his straight steerer so he will be disapointed

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

If he phones planet x I imagine they will give him the reducer crown race free of charge as the description specifically says 1.5 – 1 1/8 reducer included. They were really helpful when I called them anyway.
    Looks like it will fit as well just from pushing the cups against the frame, will have to get it pressed in at some point.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Excellent i will order one as i have tapered forks thanks

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Frame turned up looks good for the money apart from missing the 2 plugs from the pivot of frame,
    I ordered 2 a large and medium this is the large for my mate that we built up after stripping his trek xcalibre 9.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Here it is all together just need a 1 1/8 crown race that onone are supplying as headset didnt come with one

Still got my medium to build but waiting for funds!

scruff9252

Is there a reason the shock is mounted that way round?

Is it not going to be tricky to flick the lever when riding along?

Looks good though, what range of cassette did you go for?

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Shock came mounted that way from onone im changing it on both bikes asap

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

Ben, mine is missing those plugs at the pivot points as well, need to try and find something that’ll do the job.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Just ring onone my medium came with but the large didnt, they sell them for £5 at onone just search rockstar and they come up, they should send some free though

djflexure

Had a quick spin on the small that I built for my wife – seems terrific

ben98
    Free Member

Having the shock that way will cause the lockout lever to contact the top tube, don’t ride it like that! :O

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

I have span both round I realised that lockout switch was moving closer to frame when setting sag.

Good bit of advice though Ben thanks for that

MrOvershoot

Well the shock is back, now attached to a Large frame 🙂

So On-One kept their promise, which is good given the obscene amounts of money I have spent with them over the years 😳

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Mine is all done now happy with how it turned out.
    Feels stiff at the rear at the moment but overall very pleased

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Complete with homer simpson fork stickers!

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

just looking at a groupset for this bike at the moment. Was going to go 1×11 xt but there dont seem to be many deals around at the moment. Have seen 2×11 xt with brakes for 400 quid so am thinking of going down that route.
    Has anyone tried to fit a bottom swing front mech (clamp on, band at the top – normal looking mech) onto this? does it fit ok or does the suspension pivots on the seat tube get in the way of the clamp. I prefer the look of the bottom swing mech but would change to a top swing one if i have to!! It’d be a medium frame i’d be fitting it to.
    cheers

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

sorry to drag this up folks,
    bentiggerwyles, did they send you the seatstay plugs in the end.
    I emailed them and was sent a (1, not a pair) bar end plug!

wilko1999
    Free Member

I’m waiting for some seatstay plugs too. I emailed them a photo showing where the plugs were missing to ensure they got the right things. Last reply from them was:

“I have passed all the details onto a colleague and I’ll get back to you with a solution as soon as possible”

😕 😕

neverownenoughbikes
    Free Member

yeah, i sent a photo aswell, didnt work!!
    this time i have given them a link to what i need (stating 2!!) and a link to what they have sent me by accident.
    Roll on another 3 weeks.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Planet X just emailed with an order number, saying the seatstay plugs should be with me in a couple of working days – fingers crossed…

wilko1999
    Free Member

My seat stay plugs just turned up

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Sorry missed all these posts yeah there where none in the large frame they sent a pair out though very quickley

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Titus rockstar headset question’ is closed to new replies.