Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Titus frames $999.00
  • StuE
    Free Member
    mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

😯

that’s about £900 shipped and taxed

big_scot_nanny

And if the custom tuned monarch is really custom tuned, that might sort out some of the performance problems they had. I was really considering a Rockstar, but just ordered something else. Bugger! 🙄
    Kev

cheers_drive

There not really the bargain I was hoping for $1390 including shipping making it approx £1200 inc VAT and duty. Not bad but not worth a punt considering warranty and spares may be an issue.
    Edit: nearly the same price as Wiggle

Sodajim

I did see the wiggle frames firstly and spec’ed with fox shocks did look good value.
    I think the US frames are as cheers_drive said working out for about £1200 all in for a Monarched El Guapo.

Not much different to wiggle I know but wiggle never had that frame on sale so the option on that was never there..

Re warranty, On One seem pretty adamant in their news release’s that they are going to look after warranties and I would hope this also applies to the US imports considering it was on one that gave us all the nod that they were on sale there.

Bearings should be ok to get hold of elsewhere if necessary etc and I’m told spare mech hangers etc should be available soon. Crash replacement measures are in place as well it seems

All the FTM’s in decent sizes soon went on wiggle so there seems to be a fair bit of confidence out there still for on one’s word.

TBH I’m pretty much pressing the button on a US El Guapo. I was initially hoping it was going to work out more like under a grand all in to take the risk, but what else is there out the to compete with it in the boutique bracket that you can still get for £1200? Any suggestions before this evening welcome!!

Edit:- I know I should really be thinking Hemlock but Ive just had to many tractor black bikes in the past..

Ok and Nukes new Mega but I really want to build up using a tripple chainset

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i ordered one just to get my name on one whilst looking at one on the classifieds, went for the one off here in the end and cancelled the order, they really are a bargain and the guy’s in the warehouse over there seemed adamant that they would ship with shock in three weeks

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

transition covert? £1300 frame with decent RP23 shock

http://www.noahsark.co.uk/transition-bikes-covert-frame-only-p-4252.html

Sodajim

ooooooo good call Munqe-chick!

hugorune

I might have ordered one frame only and got a new Fox Float off ebay to go with it – but if i’d done that I’d have to tell my wife 😀

granny_ring

I like the look of the Transition Bandit 🙂

flyingfox
    Free Member

That’s what I was going to say – ridden Covert, sold a good few. Bandit looks like a great option for local riding.

hugorune

How very interesting.

Anyone out there got a 2010 El Guapo and an opinion on it?

Amos
    Free Member

I’ve just sold mine, not a great advert I know but it was just a bit too much bike for my everyday riding. The bike however is amazing really climbs well for 155mm travel bike and descending is equally as good. The only complaint I would have is that it is so good that riding doesn’t seem terribly involving, the balk seems undeterred by every thing in it’s path.

All round a great bike and a good frame weight

hora
    Free Member

Just buy from Si- they look bloody too similar to me.

Plus Titus is a **** name.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Just buy from Si- they look bloody too similar to me.

lol, thanks hora!

We are also selling the Chumba VF2’s at much cheapness, £900 with boost valve RP23 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Sodajim, riding high UK had a few Knolly endorphins for sale at £1100 c/w RP23, ano black only I think. Maybe worth a call?

Sodajim

guys – thanks some very interesting and tempting and probabally more sensible suggestions there..

tbh loving the transitions knollys and chumbas
    all have the my current seat post size too!!
    Its gotta be a sign I tell ya!!

Si you up for deals on frames forks and wheels?

si-wilson
    Free Member

sodajim, i can do a deal VF2 with a Fox float 32 RLC Qr15 for £1450.

Sodajim

si thanks for getting back buddy that is a pretty good price!

just hunting down some reviews, unfortuately in my neck of the woods I’m about a million miles from a decent bike shop!

I will be honest though V2F is cool,but those Transitions are giving me wood though they are working out more expensive. Kind of giving me that feel that my old Cove’s used too befor they went and made themselve silly ******* expensive!

Hora, you gave me some pretty good advice last year, what do you reckon about si’s chumbas?!

I was really thinking about 6″‘s
    I know 5’s enough in reallity but I do miss that big bike feel.
    Besides this time I can keep the soda as well so best of both worlds

Sodajim

Si If you are around buddy are the sale frames available with the alternative link to slacken the head angle and drop the BB?

Sodajim

Merci uplink another bargin frame there!

si-wilson
    Free Member

Si If you are around buddy are the sale frames available with the alternative link to slacken the head angle and drop the BB?

Sorry for the delay 🙂 The link never made it to production, as there was not enough demand for it. If you compare the geo to the Ornange 5 and a few others they are more or less the same.

pescecane
    Free Member

i do not understand where there are Knolly’s Endo on sales… :-((

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Titus frames $999.00’ is closed to new replies.