Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 976 total)
  • Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..
  • mattjg
    Free Member

If you’re looking for something comparable but burlier or for longer travel, look at a Yelli Screamy. I have one and it’s great but overbuilt for my use which is why I’m keeping an eye on the Fireline.

GEDA
    Free Member

No Panic. I have got one in Skåne if you want a look at one. It is a nice bike.

macleod
    Free Member

Hi guys. I am about to buy titus fireline 29 er evo frame. Can somebody help me and tell me what is the bottom bracket height measured from the ground with 120 mm fork ? I have searched in the topic but i did not found this information. Thanks in advance.

Lester
    Free Member

i think it is 13″ to centre
    will check when i get home

macleod
    Free Member

My current frame is with 12″ and it is too low for me. I want frame with higher bottom bracket. At least 12.5″. If it is 13″ this will be great. My finger is on the purchise button of titus, just waiting for your confirmation that it is 13″. 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

macleod – on any bike, BB height is going to depend on what tires you run. That’s why a lot of manufacturers quote BB drop (distance from center of BB to horizontal line between axles) instead as it takes tires out of the equation. But even BB drop will change with a taller or shorter fork…

macleod
    Free Member

Ok, on my current frame spec is written : bottom bracket drop 70MM. I have measured the bottom bracket height from ground. It is exactly 12″ with 29×2.1 tyres and 100 mm fork.
    I can not find online this information for the fireline 29 er evo. So does anybody know it ? I will ride it with 120 mm fork, 29×2.1 or 29×2.2 tires. I know that different 120 mm forks have slightly different axle to crown length, logical is also that tires size also changes bb height, but I need the bottom bracket height in average. I do not need precision to a millimeter.

brant
    Free Member

It’s 50mm with a 120mm fork.

macleod
    Free Member

Thanks, this is clear enough for me.
    I have one more question regarding the headset. In the description in on-one site is written:
    Headset: ZS44, EC49. Smoothie Mixer standard
    I do not understand this numbers very well. Obviously it will fit with smoothie mixer headset, but will it fit with other tapered headset ?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Macleod, check out this brochure by Hope, it explains the headset codes.

macleod
    Free Member

I have checked the brochure. So much new information for me. 🙂
    So if I go for these one:

headset I should select:
    1. Upper headset option 2
    2. Lower headset option D

Am I right ?

dantsw13

No, Lower cup F EC49 – External, 49mm

and

Upper Cup 2 ZS44 – Zero Stack, 44mm

mrblobby
    Free Member

If you have a straight steerer and if you wanted a lower stack height you could go for a ZS49 as your head tube should accommodate it. Otherwise with a straight steerer and F/EC49 you’d also need the HS136 reducer.

However if you have a tapered steerer it’s as dantsw13 says.

dantsw13

Also the Geometry is designed around a 15mm External Cup, so if you used a Zero Stack Lower Cup, the front end would be lower, and the HA steeper.

Lester
    Free Member

My loud, sorry for the delay
    My bottom bracket on the large is 12 inches centre to floor
    Lester

dantsw13

Ive just ordered forks/wheels/reverb, so hopefully get mine built before xmas!!

She is waiting for me in my workshop!

[/url]
    Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice. Workshop looks far too organised 🙂

dantsw13

Only from that angle!!! I have actually just had an early “Spring Clean” in preparation for my new build!!

[/url]

[/url]

macleod
    Free Member

Mine purchased too from the on – one site. I am planning a build with this fork:

fork

First I will ask the guys from CRC for its a2c length.
    In the on – one site is written best result a2c – 526mm

mrblobby
    Free Member

If you can get them in 120 then they should have a 526 a2c.

Specs are all here on the SRAM website. Curiously they don’t show the 120mm, but all the other 29er 120mm forks are 526, and the 100mm SID is 506, so assume the SID would be no different.

Edit…

Looking at the RockShox range I’m really not sure what I’d go for. You could go SID, Reba, Rev, or possibly a Pike on this frame (think there are examples of all here.) Seems to be a lot more overlap with their 29er forks.

macleod
    Free Member

Reba looks fine. I have one reba here. It has been extended from 100 mm to 120 mm with removing a spacer ( well actually it has extended to 110 mm ). I have measured its a2c and it is 530 right now. 🙂 Unfortunatelly I am not sure if my steer will be long enough. According to my measurements it is quite on the edge. If it fits I will reuse it, but if not I will go for the SID.
    I have one more question. Does anybody know what is the height of hopes lower EC49 – External cup ? ( F option from this link ):
    F cup

I have looked on hopes website for some info, but did not found.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Their conventional headset has a lower stack height of 14.1 mm and I’d assume that the 1.5 wouldn’t be far that.

macleod
    Free Member

Many thanks for usefull information. I will post fotos with my build, when it is done. I am planning it for middle february to be fully complete.

emailsucks98
    Free Member

Looking for some fit/sizing advice! Is anybody 175cm tall on a medium/18″? What size fireline is closest to a medium canfield?

I’ve previously owned a medium canfield yelli screamy, and currently have a 16″/small Kona Honzo. The Honzo is a little small, the canfield was just about right. Comparing the geometry charts between these bikes makes me think the fireline reach or top tube lengths are incorrect- either that or the reach is extremely short despite a steep seat angle and decent top tube length? Furthering my confusion is Brant’s recommendation for a size small at my height- on paper that’s smaller than my Kona (which is smaller than I’d like for longer rides, having owned ridden it for a year now). The 18″ fireline looks pretty close to the medium yelli screamy, which is why I’m leaning that way. Only the head tube length worries me on the 18″ fireline.

I’m 175cm tall, my saddle height is 74cm from center of BB to top of saddle. 760/20mm bars and 50mm stems on all my bikes.

Here’s some numbers from the geometry charts- note the reach #’s vs TT lengths-wtf

Reach
    Titus Fireline Evo 29 18″: 15.3″
    Canfield Yelli Screamy Med: 16.18″ / 411mm
    Kona Honzo 16″ : 16″ / 406mm

Top tube length
    Titus Fireline Evo 29 18″: 23.6″
    Canfield Yelli Screamy Med: 23.75″ /564mm
    Kona Honzo 16″ : 23″ / 584mm

Head tube:
    Titus Fireline Evo 29 18″: 4.7″ / 120mm
    Canfield Yelli Screamy Med: 4.3 / 110mm
    Kona Honzo 16″ : 3.5″ / 89mm

By the way, I’ve also posted on MTBR.
    Appreciate any thoughts.

mattjg
    Free Member

I’m not up on reach and stack, I ride a medium Yelli and am looking at the Fireline too. I’m a tad shorter than you, height is a very rough benchmark for bike fit though I think.

ETT on a medium Yelli is 23.75 inches, and 23.7(0?) on a Fireline 18″.

I’d buy the 18″ for myself, especially since I like running a short stem.

What’s concerning you re the head tube?

mattjg
    Free Member

Ah so the top of the HT is going to be about 10mm higher on the Fireline than your Yelli, is that right? As long as you had at least 10mm of height you could lose from your Yelli by taking spacers out or running flat bars or flipping the stem, I think you’d be OK.

ps it’s just possible I’ve ruined my Yelli frame with mechanical incompetence, I’d buy another if they weren’t so damned expensive in the UK. Is that your thought process too?

pps selling your Honzo?

emailsucks98
    Free Member

Thanks Matt, thats encouraging.
    I’ve grown to trust reach/stack more than ST/TT length, since it removes seat angle from the equation…. and seat angle is funky on a lot of these 29’ers. But supposedly it’s 73 on both the yelli and FLE, so maybe the 18 FLE would fit like a medium YS. I’m just hoping to avoid any surprises since there’s no possibility of a test ride… and the fireline reach numbers seem off.

Based off the planet-x fit chart, height puts me on a 16, inseam puts me on an 18. If I could go custom I’d split the difference, as I know 17″ST/23.25″ ETT is perfect for me. You’re right about the bars, I could just run flat bars to get them lower.

I am in the states, not much info on the fireline over here. Yes, the honzo will go up for sale, it’s super fun but a little small and a little stiff&heavy for me. Looking for more epic-xc friendly ride. The yelli was perfect and the fireline looks promising!

what’d you do to your YS? BB or headtube damage?

emailsucks98
    Free Member

It’s really just the geometry charts posted that have me second guessing.
    The reach numbers are 1″+ shorter than other similar bikes with comparable top tube lengths.
    Also noticed the static geometry lists the same head tube length for 16 & 18″ frames, while the “ride height”geometry shows them as being .4″ different. Looking at photos the 18” def has a taller head tube.

brant
    Free Member

Fireline Evo stats…

16in has 110mm head tube
    18in has 120mm head tube
    20in has 125mm head tube

Seat angle is 72deg static.

mattjg
    Free Member

Ah you’re in the US, to be honest if I could pay US price for a Yelli I’d probably just buy another (import duty and tax means they come out more like the equivalent of nearly 1400 USD bought in the UK, the FLE is cheaper).

A loose chainring bolt gouged about 1.5mm out of the chain stay plate on my Yelli, I have an email into Canfield to see what they say, no response yet but it was only yesterday, mail if you want a pic (mail in profile).

I like the flat bars, I find rolling them forwards a couple of degrees increases comfort a lot.

Sizing’s always a bit of a punt for sure, I’m not an FLE owner so can’t give an answer from experience. If I get to ride one I’ll let you know.

emailsucks98
    Free Member

Thanks Brant. Do you reckon I’d be OK on the 18″?

By the way- regarding my small kona honzo- the reach is OK, 16″ seat tube is pretty short for my saddle height, but I find the wheelbase a bit short for higher speed rough trails. That is part of why I am leery of going too small again.

brant
    Free Member

For a fun trail bike I’d go for a 16in. If you want something a bit more steady, then the 18in would be OK.

emailsucks98
    Free Member

Thank you Brant

mattjg
    Free Member

yay Canfield say my Yelli is sound. Purchase of titanium goodness postponed, and daughter’s pocket money is safe for another year.

nopanic
    Free Member

Any of your guys know the total weight on a Fireline built by on-one ?

emailsucks98
    Free Member

follow up… michael at Titus/ Planet-X USA was super helpful today and took some measurements for me. Basically confirmed the 18″ is the size I am looking for (it’s actually got a similar front-center/reach to my small kona honzo) so the 16″ fireline would be shorter than I am looking for.

mattjg
    Free Member

good news, are you going to order? (& does it differ much from a M Yelli?)

emailsucks98
    Free Member

Yep, ordered last night (happy holidays to me LOL).

I had michael measure from the center of the BB to the center of the head tubes bottom edge. The 16″ fireline came up 1″ shorter than my small Kona Honzo. The 18″ fireline came in with the same number as my other medium/17″ banshee 29, which fits perfect. Of course this isn’t a great way to measure front-center but it gave me the info I was looking for.

Ill post a pic up after the holidays, when I get ‘er built!

dantsw13

Im having a bit of a brake adapter faff.

What adapter for a 180 rotor on the rear with a PM brake?

dantsw13

Crap photos, but finally built!

[/url]

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 976 total)

The topic ‘Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..’ is closed to new replies.