Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Titus El Guapo CCDB or RS Monarch And General Vibe
  • nmdbase
    Free Member

Thinking of the above frame, is it worth the price difference for the shock? What are the rider opinions of the bike too please, I’ve read a few reviews etc but they seem to be pre One One.

chillidave
    Free Member

I bought mine a month or so ago, originally went for the Monarch but changed to the CCDB air after hearing some concerns on the reliability of the Monarch.

I have no experience with the Monarch but I don’t regret spending the extra. I’ve just had four days in the alps and the CCDB air has been very impressive, not too hard to find a good set up and very active. Also climbs far better than I expected although I do have issues with pedal strikes on rooty and rocky climbs.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Thanks chillidave, is the finish of the frame any good?

chillidave
    Free Member

I have had a few threads on this as I was a bit disappointed with the super raw finish, it’s very raw! In terms of quality though of how it’s put together I have no complaints at all. I think I’d go with the black though if I had my choice again.

anotherstan
    Free Member

i got a frame off here about 6 weeks ago but only built it up on wednesday night. apparently it was only one ride old, and i have no reason to doubt that given the condition. did a night ride on thursday, felt pretty good straight away but needed a bit of titivation to the monarch rear shock. did 2 laps of dalby red this morning and am shocked at how good it climbs 😯 although i also noticed that i was striking the pedals much more so than i have on my other rides.
    this is my first use of a monarch and i have no experience of ccdb so can’t offer any advice on that score. reliability remains to be seen.
    paint finish is decent enough (orange)

i’d say on first impressions, either option should prove a bargain.

edit – does the ‘nmd’ bit of your user name have anything to do with the ‘nmd mtb mecca’ in wakefield?

nmdbase
    Free Member

Cheers Stan, that orange colour is what I’d go for. The NMD is NMD bodyboards I’m afraid.

Err still don’t know whether to get one arrrghhhh

smiff
    Free Member

in in doubt get the Monarch and save £200:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/titus/%24999-v3-el-gaupo-802679-4.html
    Monarch is a way better shock than i expected, at least as good as a Fox RP on this frame (i am familiar with Fox on other bikes, haven’t tried on this). you can always fit a coil or high end air shock later.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Titus El Guapo CCDB or RS Monarch And General Vibe’ is closed to new replies.